GDT: Kraken at Sabres, 9 Jan

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Was Daccord a late bloomer or do goalies take longer to come through? Surprised he was waived based by the Caps based on how he had done for us and CV

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
If his recent play can be judged as an indication of potential value, I hope he stays a Kraken a lot longer than that.
Kraken have to tie Joey for another 4-5 years after his deal runs out at least

Was Daccord a late bloomer or do goalies take longer to come through? Surprised he was waived based by the Caps based on how he had done for us and CV
He wasn't waived but was the choice in Expansion from the Ottawa Senators

Reactions: kihei

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Joey is looking so comfortable moving the puck tonight, and he's taking a lot of pressure off the D in the process.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005

Y'all may never see me again at this point. Go Krakens! Sorry to hear about the urine.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Wow 37 shots on 39 saves…Moneypuck only has his xG at 2.87 but damn nice .940 sv%!

IMG_0141.jpeg

Hocktopus

Jul 1, 2023
BC
Goalies development can be strange at times and some goalies can go a tear and then come right back down to Earth. Some examples: Jim Carey of the Caps was selected to the NHL All-Rookie team in 1994-95, won the Vezina the next season, then struggled and was traded to Boston the season following the Vezina and then was out of the league a couple of seasons later.

Or, Andrew Hammond, the "Hamburglar": went 20-1-2 his rookie season with Ottawa, but bounced back and forth between the NHL and AHL for the rest of his career. Hopefully, Joey does not follow a similar career pattern and continues to shine for many years to come!

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Another solid win, with a good reaction to a slow start, and we're still perfect against the Sabres.

Goalies usually take longer.

And as stated before, be was left uprotected during the expansion draft by the Sens who had other talented young goalies.

Anyways, good for us that we got him and were able to develop him(those two AHL seasons helped quite a bit) into the guy he's today.

Reactions: Renopucker

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
Another solid win, with a good reaction to a slow start, and we're still perfect against the Sabres.

Goalies usually take longer.

And as stated before, be was left uprotected during the expansion draft by the Sens who had other talented young goalies.

Anyways, good for us that we got him and were able to develop him(those two AHL seasons helped quite a bit) into the guy he's today.
His father, Brian Daccord, played goal as well and wrote several outstanding books on the position. It doesn’t hurt to have a sounding board like that.

Reactions: wewantyoursoul

wewantyoursoul

Oct 14, 2021
Happy Valley, OR
This team just feels like it has found its mojo. I'm starting to feel about this group the way I felt about last year's team. There's something really cool happening...and it feels like they're starting to believe. You know, like when Neo raised his hand and stopped the bullets. That type of ish.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad