GDT: Kraken At Black Hawks

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Drifted away from the game at the end of the 2nd, so I'm catching the highlights...

Blackhawks 1st goal - Larsson is kinda puck watching? Not a great rebound from Gru.

Hawks have 6 shots at least 3 of them have been odd-man rushes, including a breakaway from 1-career goal defenseman Alex Vlasic? Yikes.

Hawks 2nd goal - Blackhawks are cycling the puck around at even strength while the Kraken stand around flat-footed? Dickinson. What is even happening here?

hawks2nd.JPG

Kraken 1st goal - Beniers shoots the puck into the defender's block, kinda whacks at it and it gets past Mrazek, Kind of scuffed but at this point, I'll take it.

Kraken 2nd goal - Hawks duff the obnoxious "drop pass zone entry" strat on the powerplay, then just sort of stand around. First they let Larsson make a ludicrously long outlet to Wennberg then just sort of let Wennberg make a looping skate around the zone. Again, I'll take it. This is the sort of bad plays a bad team with a bad goalie like the Hawks and Mrazek will make.

Hawks 3rd goal - Hawks duff the initial zone entry, all 3 Kraken forwards start to wheel as if they are breaking but nobody actually has control of the puck. Oleksiak has weirdly slid all the way across onto Borgen's side, leaving Johnson completely alone. Gru probably could have anticipated this better but it's still a solid shot. I dunno, plenty of "huh?" to go around.

hawks3rd.JPG

Hawks 4th - Pictured, Gourde with the puck on his stick with space and time, seconds before passing it directly to Seth Jones. Kraken scramble around, Entwistle scores.

hawks4th.JPG

Kraken 3rd goal - No picture, just a really nice sequence from Beniers. First getting back on the odd-man rush to break it up, then wheeling up ice to take the puck and enter the zone before making the Yzerman-esque pull up. Finally a really nice feed across to Kartye who makes a nice shot. Love it.

So down 1 with 3:50 left and on a powerplay, Hak is running...Poturalski with Yamamoto and Tolvanen?

...what?

And finally, 10 seconds left Wennberg loses the o-zone faceoff cleanly allowing the Hawks to stuff it into the end boards and kill the clock.

For every "nice!" moment there are 4 head-scratchers. Frustrating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad