Not open for further replies.

ClevelandCapsfan

May 24, 2021
never change HF….
00501D33-71E2-4644-A8E4-6216937DCA1E.jpeg

Reactions: lotty83

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Vanecek is now at a .921 for the season, good for 9th in the NHL among 45 qualified goaltenders. He’s a bit lower in terms of save percentage above expected, at 15th.

A good stretch until the TDL will make me feel better, but they might just have their starter for the rest of the year.

lotty83

Jan 20, 2022
Win is a win! I don’t think they were playing all that bad. They eventually figured this game out and cashed in when they needed to.

Nice win with a tough road trip ahead.

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Don’t recall hearing Jarnkrok’s name being mentioned at all last night. At the very least, he did not stand out to me. I get his history with Lavy May make him desirable but l’d rather just roll with the team we have then to give up assets that really won’t move the needle much.

Reactions: tycoonheart

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Don’t recall hearing Jarnkrok’s name being mentioned at all last night. At the very least, he did not stand out to me. I get his history with Lavy May make him desirable but l’d rather just roll with the team we have then to give up assets that really won’t move the needle much.
Just looked. Jarnkrok played 16:28, -1, 1 shot, and one hit, and won 66.7% of face offs.

I’d still like to see a C/RW come in and Sprong go out. Boyd or Jarnkrok.
EDIT: See Boyd just signed for two years in PHX so i guess that leaves Jarnkrok. Haha.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Vanecek is now at a .921 for the season, good for 9th in the NHL among 45 qualified goaltenders. He’s a bit lower in terms of save percentage above expected, at 15th.

A good stretch until the TDL will make me feel better, but they might just have their starter for the rest of the year.

He's probably the cheapest goalie with an above .910 save percentage aswell. Good value for money

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Just looked. Jarnkrok played 16:28, -1, 1 shot, and one hit, and won 66.7% of face offs.
He was maybe their third-best right shot in this game after the goal scorers Blackwell and Donskoi. Those two also killed penalties. He's fine. He'd bring more system reliability but he's not a player you pay a premium for. He doesn't particularly possess standout traits. If they just want an upgrade over McMichael then they already have it in Snively and perhaps also Protas. They want experience mostly but then that could be had for their third rounder or something if it's just a generic veteran they're after.

If they believe they need to invest more to get more out of Eller it may be that Eller is the issue.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Our current second round pick is the one we got from Winnipeg in the Dillon trade. That pick currently sits at about being the 45th pick in the draft which is higher than where the Caps made their first selection in the 21 draft. If they make a play for Jarnkrok, I’d only do a Sprong and no higher then a 4th round pick and that’s probably doing it at the 11th hour based on Francis not having better options.

Reactions: DWGie26

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Right now we have 13 forwards including Sprong. Sprong should be attractive to the right team. Could see separate moves to get to an end point. Or a three way trade.

I also think management likes McMichael more than we give them credit for. He always keeps his jersey.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Have we ever felt that it’s Eller’s play this season that has stunted the third line and in particular CMM this season. I’ve always felt that Eller holds the puck too long which I would imagine can be quite frustrating to his wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad