Proposal: Kovy to SMASHVILLE

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Time to bring Kovy back to Dixie. Preds could use a true sniper on the LW and a dude with a laser of a shot to Boom from the Point.

Turris clearly needs a change of scenery and will offer a more well rounded game to benefit the Kings than Kovy. Roughly equivalent cap hit.

To Nash: Kovalchuk

To LAK: Kyle Turris

Forsberg-Johansen-Arvidsson
Kovy-Duchene-Granlund
Jarnkrok-Sissons-Smith
Watson-Bonino-Grimaldi

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I would probably do this as a kings fan. Turris's deal is longer but he is the more well rounded player and plays a position of higher importance.

Reactions: qqaz

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Ironically I did have an idea to send Hall to Nashville, which would mean Granlund wouldn't be on the team, but going with Granlund are Tolvanen and 2nd 2020, plus two conditional picks based on if Hall signs in Nashville.

But I also did propose in one thread Turris for Kovalchuk. Want to see how'd that look.

Forsberg-Johansen-Kovalchuk
Hall-Duchene-Arvidsson
Grimaldi-Jarnkrok-Smith
Sissons-Bonino-Watson

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I don't think this would be a one-for-one swap. Turris still has four years left on his deal after this season, and he's already 30 years old. That's not the kind of contract a rebuilding team is looking to take on.

Reactions: Guitpik

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Trading Turris for a winger makes a lot of sense, but I'm not convinced Kovalchuk is the answer.

He seems like a guy who rather pops a can of Pepsi than work harder if he's relegated to 3rd line.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
I'd way rather have Turris on my team, all else being equal. So the questions are:

Is Kovalchuk still an NHL player?
Can LA live with the term for Turris?
Is NSH willing to take Kovy to get out of the Turris contract?

I think it works really well, as a premise. Props to OP.

Reactions: YP44

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I'd way rather have Turris on my team, all else being equal. So the questions are:

Is Kovalchuk still an NHL player?
Can LA live with the term for Turris?
Is NSH willing to take Kovy to get out of the Turris contract?

I think it works really well, as a premise. Props to OP.

1. Maybe
2. No
3. Not my team, not my place to respond

You forgot one really important question:

Is LA willing to take on Turris' four extra years to get rid of Kovalchuk's one extra year?

Answer:

No

Primakov!

Dec 9, 2003
Yesteryear
Trading Turris for a winger makes a lot of sense, but I'm not convinced Kovalchuk is the answer.

He seems like a guy who rather pops a can of Pepsi than work harder if he's relegated to 3rd line.

I'm not really sure where you are getting your perceptions from, but he's been playing everywhere from the 2nd to the 4th line all season without complaint. And regardless of whether he's in the lineup or not, he is a gym rat that is always in the workout room and skating after everyone else.

When he was given the opportunity to slam the team for the healthy scratch through the media he declined. He instead told them that his role as a player is to be ready to re-enter the lineup at any time and prove that he belongs on the ice with his play.

There have been many observations made throughout the year from media, broadcast team, and other sources that his issue is more about his playing style not fitting into the structured system that the team is trying to employ. Kovalchuk is playing as a rover that looks for any openings to attack the net and that makes it hard to anticipate where he is, where he's going, or what path on the ice he's going to take to get there.

That drawback affects both the coaching staff as well as the teammates out on the ice with him.

His style of play, which he doesn't seem to want to change, is just way too difficult to integrate into a scheme where everybody is trying to be on the same page and employ a meat and potato, north-south offense.

Devilinlillinois

Jun 5, 2015
Yeah no deal on the Hall one not really interested in Tolvanen he hasn't been to impressive to be the main piece in a deal for Hall not really sure what prospects Nashville has but i saw Grandlund needs signed after this year to and nothing says he would stay in New Jersey so not really enticing if I am the Devils gm that would probably easily be out done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad