News Article: Kovalev talking smack about Subban

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
It's always a strange situation when your top leader is the goalie.This is probably the case for us at the moment.The leadership is below-average.

If Price was a forward or a defenseman he would be made captain I have no doubt about that.

Last edited:

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
im not so sure why some of you are upset at what Kovi said.

He did exaggerate but he is not wrong. Subban takes unnecessary risks sometimes and is better offensively than defensively and still has some maturing to do. He compared him to a Hall of Famer.....

some of you are way overboard with the Subban fanboyism.....

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007

He did exaggerate but he is not wrong. Subban takes unnecessary risks sometimes and is better offensively than defensively and still has some maturing to do. He compared him to a Hall of Famer.....

This isn't about Subban, nothing that a has-been like Kovalev has to say will change opinions here. It's more about pot calling kettle black and Kovalev being a hypocrite.

Harry Wong

Oct 25, 2009

Subban is a terrific player, but he is still young and raw and imperfect. He no doubt will get better and more conservative as he matures.

But we all should enjoy what we see of him as a young budding superstar. Someday we we all will tell our grandkids about whatching Subban in his early 20's and what a dynamic player he was.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Kovi being lazy doesn't invalidate his opinion.

You seemed to be puzzled by the reaction to Kovalev, you called it fan boyism and I explained to you that it's a reaction to Kovalev's hypocrisy. I don't know where you read the word "lazy".

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
You seemed to be puzzled by the reaction to Kovalev, you called it fan boyism and I explained to you that it's a reaction to Kovalev's hypocrisy. I don't know where you read the word "lazy".

ok ok I used the wrong word. Kovalev, however flawed, is entitled to his opinion and in this case he isn't wrong.

I just find it funny that he is attacked and called a hypocrite for having an opinion.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
ok ok I used the wrong word. Kovalev, however flawed, is entitled to his opinion and in this case he isn't wrong.

I just find it funny that he is attacked and called a hypocrite for having an opinion.
Well, he's being called a hypocrite because he's leveling an accusation against another player for something he was guilty of.

Risky player who gives up too many chances? That's the very definition of Kovalev's career. You can express an opinion all you wish but if you level criticism at another player for supposedly having a weakness that your own career was well known for, you deserve what you get.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007

It's kind of like lecturing someone on the risks of lung cancer while blowing smoke rings from a cigarette

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Kovi being lazy doesn't invalidate his opinion.

that's good to know because the formed is far more assured than the latter. In fact if there is someone who is an expert at what a defensive liability who played like he was playing street hockey ( when he decided to show up) looks like, its probably kovalev because I assume he has a couple of mirrors in his house.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00