News Article: Kovalev makes comeback in Swiss League

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
miss Kovy

Not sure when we will have a legit superstar forward on the same level.

shades of kovalev in radulov tonight ... the goal obviously ... but also a shift after where he seemed to make a point by keeping possession of the puck with 2-3 pens around him, it pumped the crowd so much it reminded me of the glove picking shift. He had a great game on AND off the puck.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
shades of kovalev in radulov tonight ... the goal obviously ... but also a shift after where he seemed to make a point by keeping possession of the puck with 2-3 pens around him, it pumped the crowd so much it reminded me of the glove picking shift. He had a great game on AND off the puck.

They are both listed at 6'2. But kovalev just appeared thicker to me. When the mood struck kovalev, he was not only a great stick handler, but he was strong physically and players just couldn't push him off the puck.

There was also this elegance, and grace about the way kovalev played. He made it look easy whereas radulov is more of an intense, in your face kind of talent.

I don't find amazing similarities between them in terms of playing style to be honest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad