Friedman: Kovalchuk wants to return to the NHL

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
upload_2021-5-4_14-20-47.png

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
I’d take him for league minimum. Galchenyuk hasn’t been bad in the top 6 but Kovalchuk does that job better for sure. Bet he goes to Tampa Vegas or Colorado though

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I’d take him for league minimum. Galchenyuk hasn’t been bad in the top 6 but Kovalchuk does that job better for sure. Bet he goes to Tampa Vegas or Colorado though
Not Vegas unless they think he can help acclimate the Russian prospects.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I wouldn't hate if he came to the Avs as depth while were injured. Not exactly sold he's even better than Sherwood at this point of his career, but it's a no risk move. He won't see any ice-time if we were healthy and there's a ... but that's only for for 2 games of a season.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Kovy likely would never goto Toronto. They don’t treat old vets very well. It’s either Boston or Rangers

"They don't treat old vets well"

- Spezza loves it in Toronto, and keeps resigning at league minimum. This year he is on pace for 46 points in 4th line minutes.
-Thornton loves it in Toronto. He's been given ample opportunity.
- Marleau was given tons of opportunities in the top 6. He was also traded to a team that was willing to buy him out to go back to San Jose.
- Simmonds has been very well treated.

I don't know where you got this false veterans treated poorly narrative.

----

That being said, I hope the leafs steer clear from him. Rather resign Spezza and Simmonds. Give minutes to Robertson and Brooks.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Too entitled to add to a good team. Would be a nice little boost for a non-playoff team though.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
I'd ice 1 year of Kovy on a cheap deal over Virtanen.

No cup in Vancouver for awhile though lol.

Reactions: David71

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Didn’t he look horrible when he was with Washington, which was why he left to go back to the KHL?

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
Yeah, the Leafs are just hell on Thornton, Spezza, Simmonds...

SMFH

All came out bad imo. You know who wins with old vets? Boston and Rangers. Kovy would do an amazing job with chara if he comes back for Boston.

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
"They don't treat old vets well"

- Spezza loves it in Toronto, and keeps resigning at league minimum. This year he is on pace for 46 points in 4th line minutes.
-Thornton loves it in Toronto. He's been given ample opportunity.
- Marleau was given tons of opportunities in the top 6. He was also traded to a team that was willing to buy him out to go back to San Jose.
- Simmonds has been very well treated.

I don't know where you got this false veterans treated poorly narrative.

----

That being said, I hope the leafs steer clear from him. Rather resign Spezza and Simmonds. Give minutes to Robertson and Brooks.

How’s Simmonds an old vet? Dude is 32. Kovy is 38. What a horrible comparison. We may as well call Matthews a old vet then. Wtf?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad