Value of: Kovalchuk teaming with Svechnikov

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
I would think Carolina would be a favorite for Kovalchuk due to his past relationship with Don Waddell.

He knows Kovy's game and obviously knows his flaws. He didn't play a lick of defense in Atlanta but they didn't care.

Carolina isn’t Atlanta and 2019 Kovy isn’t putting up 90 points to make up for his lack of defensive play.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I just don’t think Kovalchuk would want to play in a small market like Raleigh when teams like BOS or NYI also may offer him the same league minimum deal. If he’d accept $700K to play in CAR, I’d welcome him with open arms, why not? CAR has been rumored to be looking for a supplemental scorer, in Kovalchuk you get one basically for free.

I still don’t see it happening, but I certainly wouldn’t be against it.

Reactions: mikeyfan

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
And you would be wrong
You really need to learn how to read and stop the blind cheerleading of russian players. I never said he would not get another chance, I just said I would not be surprised if he didn't. He is an average to below average NHLer at this point and lacks speed for a league that is all about the speed now.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
You really need to learn how to read and stop the blind cheerleading of russian players. I never said he would not get another chance, I just said I would not be surprised if he didn't. He is an average to below average NHLer at this point and lacks speed for a league that is all about the speed now.
For the league minimum he’s a great addition for a few teams

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad