Kovalchuk LW or RW

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
RW people! :deadhorse

When they transition to offense it doesnt matter what side he is on because he is all over the place, but he is better defensively on the right side in our own zone and thats what counts.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Like someone said in the other thread, it doesn't matter where he's listed. He drifts toward LW in the offensive zone, stays at RW in the defensive zone and on the point during the power play. It's beyond amusing that people think he should switch because he had a few game slump, when he produced 100+ points between regular season and playoffs last year.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
i voted RW! definitely RW!! we're in 1st place!!! i dont care if he gets no goals! i just want to keep winning!! etc etc. am i doing it right?

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I voted RW but I'm thinking lining him up as a half back that sometimes splits wide will make the most of his abilities.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
Where's the option to say I don't care?

On the defense side of the puck he should be a RW. On the offensive side, he can roam anywhere he wants.

Overall, I really think the coaches and himself know better than I.

onefatsurfer

I speak in code
Feb 10, 2009
Jersey Shore
Kovalchuk scored plenty of goals and points last year while playing RW. He is scoring slightly higher this year, and it's also only 12 games in.

12 games in last year, he had 3 goals, 7 assists, 10 points total and was a -4.
12 games in this year, he has 4 goals, 6 assists, 10 points total and is a +5.

Last year, he picked up the pace about 16 games in.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Kovalchuk scored plenty of goals and points last year while playing RW. He is scoring slightly down this year, but it's also only 12 games in.

12 games in last year, he had 3 goals, 7 assists, 10 points total and was a -4.
12 games in this year, he has 4 goals, 6 assists, 10 points total and is a +5.

Last year, he picked up the pace about 16 games in.

:pout: No. You get out of here with this.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
What does that have to do with his position?

This isn't youth hockey. Guys move around. If you play straight up North-South hockey in the NHL, you're going to lose games. Ask Pittsburgh.

Have you ever watched youth hockey they are constantly bunching up

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Is this really necessary? I say keep the player who finished 5th in scoring last year... AT THE SAME POSITION.

/thread

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Kovy roams where he wants when entering the zone. He just finished Top 5 in the NHL in points and if playing the best defense of his life. Keep him at RW

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
Kovy roams where he wants when entering the zone. He just finished Top 5 in the NHL in points and if playing the best defense of his life. Keep him at RW

Every player moves in the zone, not just Kovy. What do you think guys do on the cycle? I don't understand this "he scores from the left!" argument some people have.

I mean, he lines up on RW for a face off, does whatever in the O-zone and then covers the RW spot on the defensive side and breakout passes. Which means he's on his forehand to pass and receive passes through the neutral zone. That's such good sense it hurts.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Is your post really necessary? This is a hockey discussion board. We're discussing hockey. If you don't like it, ignore the thread.

Actually, it wasn't.

The simple fact that Kovy has played his best hockey in all aspects of the game on the right side should be enough to delete this thread but whatever, you're right... I'll stay away from this thread because it's just comical that after 12 games and being on top of the East, we have to complain about something, right?

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
Actually, it wasn't.

The simple fact that Kovy has played his best hockey in all aspects of the game on the right side should be enough to delete this thread but whatever, you're right... I'll stay away from this thread because it's just comical that after 12 games and being on top of the East, we have to complain about something, right?

Cut me a break. We're just talking about what side we think Kovy should play. I'm not going to delete a thread because of my opinion, that would be some kind of out of control moderator power trip. Furthermore, it's not like we're trying to blow up th eteam because he's on one side or the other.

We (being the moderating staff) when possible has tried to make sure you have a platform for your repeated discussions of a certain topic, when other posters wanted those threads and posts removed. So, please don't throw stones from inside your glass house.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad