Speculation: KOTR's Fan Base Mock (Your team is on the clock)

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
We're going to have to put up with so much grief if the Yotes actually pick hfboards' most hated prospect ahead of Marner and Hanifin.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
We're going to have to put up with so much grief if the Yotes actually pick hfboards' most hated prospect ahead of Marner and Hanifin.

Honestly it seems like it is all Leafs fans that are coping with the fact that he will most likely be off the board. So many of them have came in to ask us who we would take. Then since they probably wont draft him they have piled on him in the prospects thread.

Personally I would prefer Marner and hope he can translate to a center. You watch his highlights and Dvoark is in nearly every shift. They have chemistry and Marner can raise Dvorak's game. I'd almost prefer seeing a Domi-X-Duclair top line so then we can unleash Perlini-Dvorak-Marner and just give teams hell. That X is still an issue though.

The other thought I had is to draft Hanifin and do whatever you possibly can to draft Sprong. He could fall to us at the CHI pick or we can move some pieces to make sure we get him. Kid has some serious upside. I'm shocked that he has been falling so low in mocks.

Then just cross your fingers and hope Matthews is ours. Or just draft the next best center next season as we will most likely be picking top 5.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Problem is it'll take a miracle to get Matthews and the next best C is not a top 5 prospect.

Strome won the scoring title in our draft team's favourite league. The only knock on him is he didn't look fully mobile and engaged in two playoff series.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I havent really done my research on next years draft class.

I guess what I'm getting at is all three options will be good and we have enough picks to help round out the prospect pool depending on who we pick.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Problem is it'll take a miracle to get Matthews and the next best C is not a top 5 prospect.

Strome won the scoring title in our draft team's favourite league. The only knock on him is he didn't look fully mobile and engaged in all of his playoff series.
FTFY.

He was a monster the first two rounds. Then he wasn't the last two. 6 guys out-scored him in the playoffs: McDavid. McDavid's two linemates. Two guys drafted last year. A guy drafted two years ago.

Every year a kid comes out of nowhere to get drafted in the top 15. Perlini and Sanheim were both huge risers from summer 2013 to their summer 2014 draft. Don't anybody over-think the Strome pick. And don't anybody fret too much too soon about 2016.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Strome always has 1 to 2 points on the scoresheet no matter how lethargic you view his play. Any way you slice it he's easily a top 10 guy.

If scouts aren't sold then select one that f the other safer options or drop down a few slots and puck up another asset.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
The thing I'm happy about is that I can kvetch and complain about guys I don't want to draft at 3OA, but if we draft them instead of the guy I want I'll still be thrilled out of my brain about it.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Enver Lisin would be a productive NHLer had he not run into a.) gretzky and then b.) torts.

He is the perfect example of a player that needed coaching, which is most picks outside the consensus top 10 or so. Only a few in every draft have what it takes to skate by on tools alone.

Productive if you like players who only want to play on the front 100' of ice (cough... Turris.... cough).

Lisin's barely productive in the KHL for a guy who had his offensive skill.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Need is with Strome mostly. Hanifin is bpa.

By what measure? I've always been amused when players are annointed bpa. Comparing stats? You can't. There are no measurables to compare Hanifin, a defenseman with Strome and Marner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad