Speculation: KOTR's Fan Base Mock (Your team is on the clock)

indczn

May 28, 2008
Did the unkown injury question from the playoffs ever get resolved for Strome?

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
That's exactly why I lean towards Strome over Marner, because I'd rather play it safe and go with what I view as the "safer" pick even though Marner could potentially end up being a better player.

I would think Marner is a "safer" pick in the sense that he's the most likely to be a 1st line forward. Just that 1st line centers are usually more valuable then 1st line wingers.

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
Strome. Marner- damaged goods already. Hanifin- meh, another defenseman that won't develop.

Desert Ice 11

Yoooooo
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
Can't he just go to the poll that we already made...

I choose Marner

but clearly most fans want Strome. Also, did you even have to poll Edmonton and Buffalo?

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
No thanks to any Russians!

I know you're joking, but I couldn't disagree with this any more. It blows my mind that any management group completely ignores one of the top talent producing countries in the world.

Oh, and ill take Strome.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Uh huh....

Like Enver Lisin? :sarcasm:

Strome for me too.

Enver Lisin would be a productive NHLer had he not run into a.) gretzky and then b.) torts.

He is the perfect example of a player that needed coaching, which is most picks outside the consensus top 10 or so. Only a few in every draft have what it takes to skate by on tools alone.

They traded Michalek for Letunov.

Not a traditional russian.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Can't he just go to the poll that we already made...

I choose Marner

but clearly most fans want Strome. Also, did you even have to poll Edmonton and Buffalo?

No I didn't bother with Edm or Buf.

Thought I'd give people a chance to change their minds. Thought about just picking up where he left off tho.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Enver Lisin would be a productive NHLer had he not run into a.) gretzky and then b.) torts.

He is the perfect example of a player that needed coaching, which is most picks outside the consensus top 10 or so. Only a few in every draft have what it takes to skate by on tools alone.

Not a traditional russian.

We will never know about Lisin, but I think all he had was speed.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
They traded Michalek for Letunov.

After what, 5 years or so of staying away from Russians?

And I'm not really singling out Maloney. Theirs always talk of GMs not drafting or acquiring Russians because of the "Russian factor".

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad