Speculation: KOTR's Fan Base Mock (Your #16 pick has been made)

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Tough between Roy and Svechnikov..

Svechnikov for me but honestly it's a toss up.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Really? Slim pickings? Svechnikov, Roy, and Zboril all look like great prospects.

I'll go with Roy, but I'd be happy with any of the three.

Zboril/Roy are probably going to be where Klefbom is now when Hall is set to become a UFA.

D prospects that won't be able to step into a major role for 4-5 years aren't really that exciting to me anymore.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Really? Slim pickings? Svechnikov, Roy, and Zboril all look like great prospects.

I'll go with Roy, but I'd be happy with any of the three.

I'd concur with Dnicks (I hate that capital 'N' btw buddy!), there's not one player that jumps out at me at 16 with what's left with the crop (I see the draft going just like that, except for maybe Konecny)

Really hoping we trade the pick for a defenseman.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Jeermy Roy plays in the Q and for me that is enough to stay away from him

Just until some year ago I'd agree with you. I loathed picking players from the Q because it was just a flat out weak league. I think that has changed a lot in recent times though and this years crop in particular is very strong if you count the non-canadians too. Staying away from top end d-men like Chabot and Roy just because they play in the Q would be very silly.

You'll see, the Q will produce a lot of good NHLers from the last couple of drafts including this one when you look back in a few years. I think a lot of it is due to the imports actually. Guys like Ehlers, Sprong (not an import technically), Meier, Barbashev, Timashov, Svechnikov, Chlapik, Reway, Jaskin, Andrighetto, Frk has really helped making the league more competitive.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
gee going back 35+ years (some may suggest that makes ya look silly)

please give a current list of nhl d-men from the q

make the list atleast 30 names lone please

1. F. Beauchimin
2. S. Despres
3. B. Gormley
4. D. Savard
5. J. Demers
6. D. Kulikov
7. M. Scandella
8. N. Beaulieau
9. E. Gelinas
10. A. MacDonald
11. K. Letang
12. M-E. Vlasic
13. M. Barberio
14. S. Robidas
15. A. Pardy

There's your list. It's not 30, but whatever. Some pretty good names on there.

J. Roy also stood out in the U18, playing against non Q players. I fail to see your argument for not drafting someone by just being from the Q.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
I know this is a fan poll/mock, but the names still on the board just go to show how deep this draft class really is.

It's a toss-up for me between Kylington and Roy, but I'm casting my vote for Roy, even though a lot of what JTS posted here are the exact same things I've been saying for ages. I don't like QMJHL defensemen either as a rule, but Roy stands out to me as a good one. In fact, this is one of the better draft classes the Q has had as far back as I can remember.

As for trading the pick (not an option in this exercise), I would like to see us do that as well, but not just for the sake of doing it. A trade has to involve two parties, and if you can't get a player back that is of equal value to this pick, then make the selection and reap the rewards whenever that player is ready. Trading away this pick for a player no better than what you can sign in free agency (if that's all that is available) is just awful asset management. This pick is too valuable to squander on unworthy assets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad