Speculation: KOTR's Fan Base Mock Draft(Your team is on the clock #26)

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
I could understand Samsonov just because when it is all said and done, he could be a Top 5 player from the draft, his potential is that high. But even if he does become that good, his trade value is limited as a goalie, so it could be pointless in the end. His value is in if you think he can start for your franchise, otherwise he's not that big of an asset.

Yeah I get that goalies don't generally have a ton of value on the trade market but of the guys available he has the most chance of being a sure thing late in the 1st round. Not many late first round prospects become stars. Samsonov will likely be staying in Russia for a few years and then he can start out as a formidable back-up to Price and then work into the starter. I am sure TB is happy to have a star back-up in Vasilevsky when called upon.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Samsonov would be a wildcard as I know he is highly regarded...same with Dermott and Cernak. It also would't surprise me if Dunn is in the mix.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Beauvillier
Juulsen
Roslovic
Bracco

As many pointed out, that's trade down scenario though.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Bold...man...just bold. Will love to see this board if we pick Samsonov....:laugh:

Same here. I'm totally expecting DeBrusk.

Was thinking what would the Oilers be willing to give up in trade for if Samsonov was still available when we are picking?

Psycorp77

Oct 4, 2014
We have enough prospect depth to try for a homerun pick, I would go for Daniel Sprong

turbodragon

Jan 24, 2014
Jacob Larsson

I see him as the perfect (potential) partner for P.K. once Markov steps down.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
Who do you like Grant at our pick? Not who you think we'll take, but who is on your radar if you were making the pick?

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
I heard a rumor Timmins is really high on D Zack Werenski.
Most likely we will try to trade into top 10 to take Zack Werenski or trade down to get two second rounders.

I think Anthony Beauvillier, Noah Juulsen, Jake DeBrusk. If say Columbus wanna do 2 second round picks for our 1st. Go for it. We can probably grab two of the 3 I mentioned. Since we don't have a second rounder (via Petry trade) we could stock up.

willshockey*

Could our 3rd rounder and a player such as Smith-Bellly get us a high second rounder ??
Some mock drafts have Beauviller in the 31-35 range.

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
Werenski is pipe dream. A nice pipe dream, I admit, but the Habs would really have to ante up to move up sufficiently to nab him.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad