Kotkaniemi vs Puljujarvi?

Kotkaniemi vs Puljujarvi

• Total voters

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Kotkaniemi, and I love seeing Puljujärvi resurge. But Kotkaniemi is a center, and while not a #1C, I think he has a chance of reaching #2C. Puljujärvi can be and might be a great winger, but not as great as Rantanen or Laine etc.

Stupid question anyway, neither team is trading those players lol.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I like the way Puljujarvi is playing right now more. He looks like a real playdriver even if he hasn't cashed in much. Kotkaniemi is more frustrating at the moment. But it's also obvious that Kotkaniemi is worth more as an asset, he's got more runway left and obviously C > W.

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
They both will be all stars in coming years but for now its Pizza Poolparty

Poolparty?

I watch a ton of Oil games and I see no signs of All star in his future. Maybe a serviceable middle 6 winger or MAYBE a 2nd line winger if the stars align and he is consistent.

He is playing with McDavid and has like 8 points (I know points are only one part) but he is the winger for the best hockey player on earth!

Now I am not saying I want the kid to fail, and he has definitely looks better this time around, but Edmonton should be happy if he becomes a 40-50 point winger.

Reactions: TS Quint

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I'm taking the younger centre over the older winger putting up similar stats. Imagine the centre getting to play with McDavid I bet his numbers would be even higher.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
For both teams, easily. He fed beauty assists to Toffoli, Drouin and Romanov who all missed, plus he got his one assist. Basically the Habs had five chances all night and he was at the heart of the five of them.

Admittedly, it might have been the best game I have seen Kotkaniemi play in the AHL/NHL/Rookie camp but was kinda surprised by this comment. He still didn't impress me that much. I thought Drouin was the best Habs player, Edmundson also played a great game.

Sens were also very tired last night and Habs were fresh and really needed that win, but thought Batherson was still another level above anyone else. Sens defense is heavily dysfunctional but Chabot was great in other zones. Our defensive zone coverage and hockey systems (breakout, etc) are just really bad which is why we turn the puck over like crazy

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Admittedly, it might have been the best game I have seen Kotkaniemi play in the AHL/NHL/Rookie camp but was kinda surprised by this comment. He still didn't impress me much. Even in an off-game, Tkachuk probably still had more impact.

Sens were also very tired last night and Habs were fresh and really needed that win, but thought Batherson was still another level above anyone else. Sens defense is heavily dysfunctional but Chabot was great in other zones. Our defensive zone coverage and hockey systems (breakout, etc) are just really bad which is why we turn the puck over like crazy

Tkachuk did nothing all night tho.. He had like 4 weak shot attempts on net, not a hit, nothing. Batherson was very good for sure, but on sheer chances Kotkaniemi was all over the place, just a superior IQ player than Batherson whos flashy with skating but will never control the play like Kotkaniemi.

Heres a little bit of visual support

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Tkachuk did nothing all night tho.. He had like 4 weak shot attempts on net, not a hit, nothing. Batherson was very good for sure, but on sheer chances Kotkaniemi was all over the place, just a superior IQ player than Batherson whos flashy with skating but will never control the play like Kotkaniemi.

Well, I wish Batherson was as good as Kotkaniemi and more than just flashy

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I did not say Batherson wasn't as good, he wasn't as good yesterday. Clearly youre too biased to even discussed this.

Sure. Even though I did nothing but concede the points lol

I take Tkachuk or Batherson over Kotkaniemi without even thinking

It's ok if you have your own opinion.

ChiefWiggum

Dec 17, 2016
Newfoundland
Wow. I'm honestly surprised how similar their statistics are. The hype that kotkaniemi was getting in the playoffs would make you think that he would be 5 or 6 tiers above puljujarvi. But its nice to see puljujarvi having a mini-resurgence here.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Wow. I'm honestly surprised how similar their statistics are. The hype that kotkaniemi was getting in the playoffs would make you think that he would be 5 or 6 tiers above puljujarvi. But its nice to see puljujarvi having a mini-resurgence here.

I mean Kotkaniemi is 2 years younger and playing on the 3rd line, whereas Puljujarvi is playing on the top line with Mcdavid.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Puljujärvi's performed worse while in a far superior situation.

Mar 26, 2010
The Montreal player. It is not even close.

The other guy is a bust.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad