Value of: Kotkaniemi vs Mittelstadt

Status
Not open for further replies.

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
I like both but I think Kotkaniemi has a higher ceiling. How high is that ceiling? Who even f***ing knows man, they are still kids and a lot can happen.

Reactions: FedorTyutin

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Well one has 39 points(17 G's and 22 A's) in 114 Games played and the other has 42 points(17 G's and 25 A's) in 115 Games played, i think Kotka has a bit higher potential but they're both young and still developing

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Well one has 39 points(17 G's and 22 A's) in 114 Games played and the other has 42 points(17 G's and 25 A's) in 115 Games played, i think Kotka has a bit higher potential but they're both young and still developing

There's a clear age difference between the 2.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
There's a clear age difference between the 2.

20 months is a clear age difference? Not even 2 years, well i already said Kotka has a bit higher potential, but how about i put some sauce towards him? At least Mittelstadt was at the U-20 while Kotka has been to how many WC's? Mittel has 7 games played with 4G and 7A in those games, but hes also a bigger - player in the NHL, but i still wouldn't say under 2 years is that big of a difference, maybe if Mittelstadt was 24 and Kotka was 19 it'd make more sense using that as a huge factor, are you saying 21 year olds can't develop anymore?

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
I wouldn't trade Kotka for two middlestadts. Middlestadt is two years older with worse AHL numbers and NHL numbers. Kotka still projects as a complete top line center.

Worse NHL numbers while Kotka has 3 extra Assists in 1 extra game, that's not that much worse...

Kotka has 11 Assists in 11 games played no goals, Mittelstadt has 8 Goals and 12 Assists in 30 games played, one guy scores every 4 games and the other will go goalless in the season(issa joke just ignore it), both of them are decent C prospects, one has top line potential who will probably become a decent 2nd line C(Kotka) and the other looks like a decent middle 6 C/2nd line W(Mittelstadt) but neither will become top line Centers

Reactions: God Says No

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Be fair to all prospects especially when they're pretty close together, Kotka is better and has higher potential, but he's not a guaranteed top line player

Reactions: Benstheman

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
20 months is a clear age difference? Not even 2 years, well i already said Kotka has a bit higher potential, but how about i put some sauce towards him? At least Mittelstadt was at the U-20 while Kotka has been to how many WC's? Mittel has 7 games played with 4G and 7A in those games, but hes also a bigger - player in the NHL, but i still wouldn't say under 2 years is that big of a difference, maybe if Mittelstadt was 24 and Kotka was 19 it'd make more sense using that as a huge factor, are you saying 21 year olds can't develop anymore?

Absolutely at that age

How is it Kotkas fault Montreal didn’t release him to WJC?, he was in the NHL at 18.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Absolutely at that age

How is it Kotkas fault Montreal didn’t release him to WJC?, he was in the NHL at 18.

Because they obviously knew he wasn't good enough for the WC lol idk don't ask me im not the GM

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Lol really?! It’s a joke?

KK is a full 2 years younger. Casey was old for his draft. KK was young for his draft. 20 months difference at 19. I think in 2 more seasons KK is far better than Casey is now...

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Oh C’moon.

NHL teams don’t release kids to those games if they are playing and producing in the NHL.

Well it seems like he just wasn't good enough, because he never went right, why wouldn't they challenge him in bigger games? That's pretty much the Olympics for younger guns, a great opportunity to face players who are as good as you if not better than you, they would of sent him if they believed he'd use it as better development, but where is he now? In the A not the NHL.

Lil rat

Oct 26, 2019
Well it seems like he just wasn't good enough, because he never went right, why wouldn't they challenge him in bigger games? That's pretty much the Olympics for younger guns, a great opportunity to face players who are as good as you if not better than you, they would of sent him if they believed he'd use it as better development, but where is he now? In the A not the NHL.

So you are serious? You really think it is a bigger challenge to play on wjc than in the NHL? That gms keep their youngster in the NHL instead of sending to wjc because they are not good enough to play the junior tournament?
You must be trolling

Reactions: Steeler23

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
So you are serious? You really think it is a bigger challenge to play on wjc than in the NHL? That gms keep their youngster in the NHL instead of sending to wjc because they are not good enough to play the junior tournament?
You must be trolling

You're saying you'd rather keep a player whos obviously started falling off the cliff after his 1st minorly good season in the NHL so his development can stall rather than have him playing against players in his league that he doesn't get creamed by? Kotka wasn't ready and Montreal has already destroyed their chances of him becoming a first line C, he was rushed and his playstyle should of been in the WC he would of learned more there than when he's getting outplayed 85% of the time in the NHL

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Who do you prefer, what is their ceiling? If Montreal and Buffalo swapped those players, which team should add and what?
This time last year mtl fans where comparing him to Robert thomas. I think we know who won that battle this year

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
No. You don't trade 19 yo former 3rd overall pick. You might have to wait until he is 21-22 before thinking about it and even then, if he did not pan out at that age, the value is almost inexistant, so you keep him.

JohnnyB11

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, NB
You’re wrong. NHL teams consistently do not release WJC eligible players if they believe their contribution to the NHL team will be missed. The fact that he’s in the AHL now has no bearing on that decision.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
You're saying you'd rather keep a player whos obviously started falling off the cliff after his 1st minorly good season in the NHL so his development can stall rather than have him playing against players in his league that he doesn't get creamed by? Kotka wasn't ready and Montreal has already destroyed their chances of him becoming a first line C, he was rushed and his playstyle should of been in the WC he would of learned more there than when he's getting outplayed 85% of the time in the NHL

He was ready and had a pretty good season last year.

His concussion at the start of the present season did alot of damage to his play. he will be back on track next year after a stint in the AHL.

I think his ceiling is a pretty effective two-way center but more of a 2nd line center. With better offensive numbers than Danault. So maybe a 60 pts center that will play minutes on the pk and play against top lines from other teams.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

Maybe it has to do with Kotkaniemi making the NHL at 18 years old and 1 month?

Because they obviously knew he wasn't good enough for the WC lol idk don't ask me im not the GM

But he was good enough to be a 34 points 3rd line center, positive Corsi % and GF% at 18?

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Kotkaniemi has the higher ceiling, being so young there is still lots of unknowns. Can't see the Habs moving unless it's for another solid prospect or NHL ready player.

I think the closest deal is bust for bust:

Jost = Middlestadt

Reactions: Zman5778

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I do not know Mittelstadt enough (even though the name in itself "middletown" would justify aquiring him), but from what I hear he is older and has not performing as well as KK at such a young age ;)

But as far as KK is concerned I truly believe that a few things have been ignored, he has been working out a lot, and as dumb as it may seem sometimes your hockey needs to adapt to your body. Second and the most important point : look at his linemates, compare NHL and AHL, Hudon is scoring, so KK has a high number of assists, Weal, Cousins, Lekhonen are no scorer, KK had no assists. KK was actually in line with last year in terms of pace for goals, and in the AHL we see who he really is, he is a feeder, he has high hockey IQ, finds the great angles but he is not a goal scorer. IMO, he will not be a guy scoring more than 20-25 goals but he can be a 60 assist guy (in terms of ceiling, maybe he is a bust and never scores more than 30 points anymore, that's why he is still a prospect ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad