Kotkaniemi vs Borgstrom

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
That my point neither of these players are even close to their ceilings. And while yes kotka does have more room to grow being theee years younger, it does not guarantee how much he will go. Like I said I wouldn’t be surprised one bit if he becomes a #1 C.

Borg is a lot closer to his ceiling, Borg is at the older tier of prospects.

Nothing is quaranteed here but like said Kotka isn't that far behind Borg, if he continues with strong development pace(not elite) he's at todays Borgstron level next year.

DCarriere

Mar 15, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
What? Lol. Borgstrom’s development over the last two years has been insane. Borgstrom looked pretty damn good in the nhl too. Timid, but the skill and IQ is there.

Lol... I love when people compare a 20 year old to a 17. This thread is completely useless, just trying to create narrative against Kotkaniemi.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
At this point, it's not even close, right? Borgström was skipped over while Kotkaniemi was drafted #3OA, and even when Borgström was drafted as an overager, his production was really nothing special for his age. It's in line with Aleksi Klemetti for instance, who'll never be even considered for draft.

Of course, Borgström has some skill and his development's been good, but Kotkaniemi has skill as well and at this point in time, I really don't think it's reasonable at all to expect that Kotkaniemi will be worse than Borgström. Borgström also has been a major disappointment internationally and his u-20s really wasn't making me comfortable with him. Due to this, the results here are odd.

One player will be entering next season as a 18-year-old, one as a 21-year-old.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad