Rumor: Kostitsyn put on waivers; Heading to KHL?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Oh god, not this again...

per Igor Eronko

he could only go if we give him permission, since the KHL is supposed to honor our contracts

if we are willing to let him go, that saves us 3 million dollars

I would have rather got an asset back but thats 3 mil we can spend on horton or someone else

although I wonder if his contract would get tolled so that if he ever came back he woudl still owe us a year

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
If we do get the $3 mil off the cap, I guess it's worth it to just let him go, though I wish we would have gotten a 4th or something.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
I don't mind losing him, I just hate losing him for nothing. But yes, that's 3mil more to use on UFAs or in trades for guys like Hemsky.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Losing SK for nothing is hard to take. Should be able to get a 2nd or 3rd or package him in a trade for an upgrade up front. Letting him walk would be a hard pill to swallow but there may be something going on behind the scenes that makes Poile even consider letting him walk for nothing.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
As I said on the Trade Forum, I think it's obvious that SK just isn't happy here, and by "here" I mean NA. His first season in Nashville I think there was a weight lifted off of his shoulders getting out from under the spotlight in Montreal. After that he sort of drifted away until his brother came here, then it seemed like he was driven again. Then last season he just couldn't get motivated to do much.

Poile being willing to lose him to the KHL for nothing tells me that he doesn't really have a lot of value, and maybe letting him go back closer to home is the best thing for all parties.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Cya, you and Blum's roster spot is more important than you

This!

Peace out sk! Free up 3 mill!!

Some say it sucks losing him for nothing. But meh, we aren't getting anything for him anyways, at least this way we get the cap room. Good riddance.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
If the contract is simply tabled and not terminated we would still hold his so called rights. I guess there would be a little value there. Either way though I hope he goes and has a good life because he has been useless in the playoffs even when he has had good seasons.

jlsg

Nov 8, 2006
Losing SK for nothing is hard to take. Should be able to get a 2nd or 3rd or package him in a trade for an upgrade up front. Letting him walk would be a hard pill to swallow but there may be something going on behind the scenes that makes Poile even consider letting him walk for nothing.

No way he's worth anywhere close to that. Not with the past couple of seasons he's had. You may get a 6+ or perhaps as a throw in but with his current contract that would be difficult.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
No way he's worth anywhere close to that. Not with the past couple of seasons he's had. You may get a 6+ or perhaps as a throw in but with his current contract that would be difficult.

Yeah, pretty much. Considering an off year, constant rumors of being KHL bound, and it being the last year of the contract until UFA, not to mention it's $3 mil with the cap falling, and I'd be shocked if we got any more than a conditional late pick.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
sk would fetch a 3rd or at least a 4th round easy.. if poile let's him go for nothing, bad move by DP.. of course, unless, there is behind the scene stuff going on, which i have heard for a while with him.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
sk would fetch a 3rd or at least a 4th round easy.. if poile let's him go for nothing, bad move by DP.. of course, unless, there is behind the scene stuff going on, which i have heard for a while with him.

Would you give up a 3rd for that?

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
the team acquiring won't know the things DP knows.. but knowing what we know, probably not. a 4th at the draft should be an easy deal to make imo

GM's do their homework (well...except Sather and Feaster). They know. Conditional 5th - 30-game minimum and I'd be thrilled at this point.

GrindNMuck

Jun 11, 2013
Who cares, since the KHL wants all there Euro's back, Let them go.

Just let the KHL have all the Russians and former players back, so we don't have to hear the KHL cry over there Euro's

StarvinArvyn33

Jun 18, 2010
Yesterday
we got SK for nothing anyways... im probably one of the few who wouldnt mind him back, hes stilll young and can definitely perform. You could tell his time has run short here though, so i am not worried if he stays or goes.

RaiderDoug

Feb 5, 2007
Knoxville
If DP lets SK walk to the KHL, you can bet it's because he's phoned 29 other GM's and found no takers.

The guy is a 3 million dollar winger who scored 3 goals last year. That doesn't exactly make other team's GM's want to fork over 3rd round picks.

Good riddance.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2