Value of: Kopitar

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
NTC aside, what is Kopitar's trade value?

Reasoning is that there's a lot wrong in LA. Moving a piece like Kopitar (if at all possible) would go a long way in changing the dynamics of the team. The typical trade candidates in LA won't expedite the change as quickly as moving Kopitar. His contract is not an easy thing either. Curious of his trade value.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
It’s just an immovable contract, like Kane or Toews. The few teams looking to acquire an aging superstar just don’t have the cap space, much less the attractive assets.

Take back Ladd and we can talk.

Kopitar for Ladd, our 1st in 2019, Bellows and Wilde? Ladd has to go back to make the numbers work.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey

Kopitar for Ladd, our 1st in 2019, Bellows and Wilde? Ladd has to go back to make the numbers work.
I’m not a Kings fan but that package doesn’t do a ton for me, unless Anze is requesting a trade. Kopitar is probably a top-15, top-20 C in the league whose value isn’t far off from his cap hit and won’t be for quite some time. A negative value contract (although Ladd is a fine player to have), a mid-first, and two hot-shot prospects each with considerable potential but a fair share of questions? I don’t know.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010

Reasoning is that there's a lot wrong in LA. Moving a piece like Kopitar (if at all possible) would go a long way in changing the dynamics of the team. The typical trade candidates in LA won't expedite the change as quickly as moving Kopitar. His contract is not an easy thing either. Curious of his trade value.
Kopitar isn't getting moved,its a waste of time.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I’m not a Kings fan but that package doesn’t do a ton for me, unless Anze is requesting a trade. Kopitar is probably a top-15, top-20 C in the league whose value isn’t far off from his cap hit and won’t be for quite some time. A negative value contract (although Ladd is a fine player to have), a mid-first, and two hot-shot prospects each with considerable potential but a fair share of questions? I don’t know.

If LA was not screwing the pooch this season I doubt they'd consider it but I suspect that the wear and tear of so many Cups and playoff runs has taken a toll on the LA core and it might be time to get the next generation ready. It's a pretty deep draft in 2019 too.

I saw what the 4 Cups did to the Isles in the early 80's and it looks like the same thing to me. Those Isles teams basically played 5 seasons in 4 calendar years and they were never the same and help on to their core players too long.

Kopitar would be the perfect fit with Barzal as 1C and 2C and you couldn't just match up one against the other. Move out Eberle and Pelech for Scandella and move Nelson to wing and this team could do some serious playoff damage.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can

This king fan would be ok with taking Ladd with better assets coming back and islander keeping a little salary (500 k) Upgrade wilde to dobson and Bellow to Wahlstorm Ladd has one of the worst contracts in the nhl for far to long to consider anything less then this

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
This king fan would be ok with taking Ladd with better assets coming back and islander keeping a little salary (500 k) Upgrade wilde to dobson and Bellow to Wahlstorm Ladd has one of the worst contracts in the nhl for far to long to consider anything less then this

At Kopitar's age, with us retaining on Ladd, you can't expect those two prospects. That's a pretty darn good offer. I'll retain the 500K but Wilde is lighting it up and Bellows is pretty close to the NHL already. I could see Wahlstrom for Bellows but Dobson does not get included and there's no retention.

Reactions: Fat Elvis

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Kopi was a Hart trophy finalist last year. Not sure what LA’s problems are exactly this year but the guy can still play. The team is just broken. Fire has gone out.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA

I think the Duchene deal, pre sens collapse is a good starting point.

3-5 high end good young pieces.

Best place to start would be to identify which teams would be interested and then try and put together some deals that would make sense. I would think WPG would be a good starting point.

Reactions: Fat Elvis

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
At Kopitar's age, with us retaining on Ladd, you can't expect those two prospects. That's a pretty darn good offer. I'll retain the 500K but Wilde is lighting it up and Bellows is pretty close to the NHL already. I could see Wahlstrom for Bellows but Dobson does not get included and there's no retention.
Ladd is signed for 4 more years that is one hell of a cap dump to take on. No way i would do it for less even at Kopitar for a 1st Dobson Wahlstrom and Ladd at 5 million would be hard for most Kings fans to handle. Kopitar is a top 10 center in the nhl and that is worth at least a first and a A prospect. Now taking on Ladd is worth a top prospect maybe more So i won't budge on my ask

Reactions: kingsofLA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad