Proposal: Kopitar to the Avs

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
Don't trade Timmins , book it h will be a top pair D man at worst . I watched him play in the SOO for many years he is the real deal . Avs got a steal on him

Reactions: bert

Tit

Toast and jam
Sep 23, 2018
The kings trade a 3rd liner and all of a sudden they're going full scorched earth. I dig it.
If they aren't, they should be.
They did well.
They got their cups.
Time to burn it to the ground.
I would literally trade everyone for picks and prospects, and try again in 5 years.

All the current contending teams have done this at least once in recent history.
It's time.

Reactions: Fat Elvis

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Good lord, this is terrible. A typical quantity for quality proposal that HF is infamous for.

It would take something like:

Makar + Colorado 1st + Jost

Or

Ottawa 1st + Timmins + Jost

No farting around with mediocre picks and prospects. Not for a player as good as Kopitar.
Thats not happening. You realize that if the Kings wanted to trade Kopitar, for one they would have limited places to send him to considering he has a NMC and two, he has a 10m cap hit that barely any teams can fit. Under those circumstances you're not going to get some huge haul because its not like there will be some huge bidding war. The Kessel trade to Pit is a perfect example. Unless the Kings retain a significant amount of his contract, and he's flexible with who he's willing to be traded to, you're not getting any blue chip prospects for him. Honestly the OP is exactly what I would expect for him.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I'm enjoying the continued attempts from Avalanche fans to acquire a 2nd line centre in exchange for, predominately, the 2nd line centre prospect they're giving up on after his 26 points in 84 NHL games

Trying it for a guy who was top five in Hart Trophy voting last year is an interesting development, though

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
The price to get Kopi would be insane, so it would take more than this.

With that said, with his age and cap hit it is unlikely he would be the type of player the Avs would provide that type of return for as the doesn't match their core. Also with 2 1sts in the upcoming draft, both being possible top 15, its more likely they see what comes of that before they make a move like this in such a center heavy top end draft.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
AVs are likely going to be really good in 2-3 years. Kopitar is likely good for another 3-4 years before he becomes a decent player with a $10M Cap Hit that will weigh on the team. Selling the farm for realistically 2 good seasons is terrible asset management.

Also, offering the Sens pick not knowing where it might be ranked in the draft is terribly dumb. AVs 1st should only be considered.

I believe the AVs should finish the season, move Barrie and continue the rebuild in the 2019 draft. There is no need to entertain anything this season.

Reactions: viach

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don't think Blake will ever move Kopitar, but it would take Jost and Ottawa's 1st at least.

Done, want our 2019 or 2020 1st to? lol
I'm enjoying the continued attempts from Avalanche fans to acquire a 2nd line centre in exchange for, predominately, the 2nd line centre prospect they're giving up on after his 26 points in 84 NHL games

Trying it for a guy who was top five in Hart Trophy voting last year is an interesting development, though

TBF, I generally try to use Kerfoot instead of Josty; with Tboobs or the Sens pick as the centerpiece :D
AVs are likely going to be really good in 2-3 years. Kopitar is likely good for another 3-4 years before he becomes a decent player with a $10M Cap Hit that will weigh on the team. Selling the farm for realistically 2 good seasons is terrible asset management.

Also, offering the Sens pick not knowing where it might be ranked in the draft is terribly dumb. AVs 1st should only be considered.

I believe the AVs should finish the season, move Barrie and continue the rebuild in the 2019 draft. There is no need to entertain anything this season.

If the avs add Kopi for futures, they'll be really good this year.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Don't trade Timmins , book it h will be a top pair D man at worst . I watched him play in the SOO for many years he is the real deal . Avs got a steal on him

He probably won't ever be a top pairing guy for us, not with Makar around. At best Timmins will battle Meloche & EJ for the middle pairing RD spot once he's ready.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Colin Wilson + Sampo Ranta + 2nd + conditional 3rd + the right to retire Adam Deadmarsh's number

200.gif

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
would think it would need to include AT LEAST 2 of Jost, OTT 1st, and Makar

probably all 3 if we're being honest. Plus whatever salary to balance it out a bit more.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado

If he ever plays again...

I sincerely hope he does, and that he's alright, but the hit he took looked as bad, or worse, than the one Joey Hishon took, and it basically ruined him.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Avs should really target Carter instead of Kopitar. For one it would be a much more reasonable package, two Carter has a lower cap hit and adds a much needed goal scoring ability to our second line and three according to the fan960 in Calgary interview around 5-5:30 yesterday Kopitar, Doughty and Brown (I know I literally said “what the f***” when it was stated) are the untouchables.

I’d create a thread, but I have no idea what Carter would be valued at coming off a season where he missed significant time. I’d assume it’d be a first top 10 protected, second and something else.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Done, want our 2019 or 2020 1st to? lol

TBF, I generally try to use Kerfoot instead of Josty; with Tboobs or the Sens pick as the centerpiece :D

If the avs add Kopi for futures, they'll be really good this year.

AVs will be really good for 3-4 years.

If the ask is Jost, COL 1st, OTT 1st, this is stupid asset mgmt when the window will open in the 3rd & 4th years.

Anyways, the entire proposal is irrelevant when he will unlikely waive to join the AVs. He loves the LAK and will likely stay and retire.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yes this is a fantasy proposal - he has NMC until 2020-21.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad