Konecny cheapshot on McAvoy

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Meh, to me it looks like McAvoy skates so close to Konecny that he expects McAvoy is gonna give him a push and tries to hit him back but McAvoy isn’t expecting it and it caughts him so off-guard he buckles under the hit and gets chipped to the head as well but the contact was primarily chest, 2 min penalty since it was after the whistle would have been correct call imo.

Reactions: Bergyesque

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
He obviously got hit in the head. He was quite out of it on the bench.

This was pointless, dirty, and was rewarded by a PP. Not a great look when they suspend Kassian to feign prioritization on player safety and here a headshot unrelated to play leads to a PP.

Maybe this one is a little worse but it kind of reminds me of Patrice Bergeron's hit on Mika Zibanejad earlier this season.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
Meh. This is one when you take his number and run him the next shift.

giphy.gif

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Is it just me, or does anyone else notice how McAvoy is the recipient of a lot of cheap shots?

I think it's because he's a dirtbag out there. Classic "Harvard Boy" attitude, and the ego to match. Reminds me of a frat boy.

I enjoy watching someone push back on him. He dropped like a sniper took him out from the rafters, what a joke.

That was like hitting someone on an icing
Cheap and not needed. Then the B’s get a penalty retaliating
Great job nhl

This is delightful coming from a B's fan.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
How is this even a topic? I'm certainly no rock'em sock'em hockey guy, but this is unquestionably soft. I expected better from a team who was content to let their player with his gloves on rabbit punch someone who had no interest in fighting.

Reactions: Blueboy

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016
The way Konecny turns his head right before the shoulder makes me wonder if McAvoy said something that Konecny then retaliated to. That doesn't make a hit after the whistle ok, but that narrative could fit the situation. We don't get a ton of coverage of the Bruins out west, but would anyone know if McAvoy is a chirper on the ice? If so it could be one of the reasons he takes so many late and dirty hits.

Blueboy

Apr 15, 2019
Times are changing in Boston guys. Chara is aging, Chara is dealing with a damaged jaw and Chara may no longer be the most feared man in the NHL..It is going to make McAvoy, Krug and Marchand open to this stuff.

the Bruins have had the ultimate body guard for 14 years now. That may be coming to an end.
They’re the top team in the league lmao

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
They’re the top team in the league lmao

yes and one that I have tremendous respect for. I believe they are the best team at acquiring talent. But they have had a man in Chara who is Godzilla..biggest and strongest..He ragdolled people, and has broken a goon's face. He is the most talented big man in hockey history.. A one time 25 minute guy, who played PK, PP and was on the ice everywhere. It meant, star Bruin players were protected. He was not some fighter on the 4th line that did not see the ice,. Chara was there next to the stars.

It meant protection...

that may be disappearing..as it does, it will expose Bruins stars to this.

McAvoy, Krug, Marchand, Bergeron, Pasternak, even Debrusk are not the biggest of guys.

DickSmehlik

Oct 23, 2006
The Empire State
Hockey can be a physical sport...who knew?

McAvoy or one of his teammates could have shoved or fought Konecny and we all could move on with our lives.

HogTown06

Jul 20, 2012
Hammonds Plains
If that was McAvoy hitting Konecky it would be nothing but since it's the other way around it get 2 minutes and its own thread on the main boards...

Reactions: LFCTML

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
That is a minor penalty if the refs decide to call the game tight that night.
Exactly. It was a pretty chippy game all night but there were only 4 powerplays total (2 for each team). Lots of stuff after the whistle, some big hits, and a ton of chirping. It was an extremely entertaining game from start to finish but of course that always leads to some kind of controversy from the HF dorks who didn't actually watch the game so they don't understand the context and flow of the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad