Konecny cheapshot on McAvoy

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
That was like hitting someone on an icing
Cheap and not needed. Then the B’s get a penalty retaliating
Great job nhl
The league has ruined themselves. No one knows what a penalty is, or what's suspension worthy.
There are nightly posts about "how many games" for things that shouldn't even be discussed. But the league doesn't know what to do, so they've pressed the brake on suspensions and are in a weird holding pattern, where nothing - yet everything, matters.

It was fine when the players could police themselves, now they can't, the league won't let them, and the NHL is losing long time fans, catering to what they hope is a newer fan, always in hopes of the almighty dollar, and growing the game. Which the really haven't on the level they would have liked to.

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
DOPS: Launching yourself with a flying elbow is a legit hockey play. For example see Kassian hit by Tkachuk.

Reactions: LFCTML

Orange Fanta

Jun 22, 2016
Well then he has nerve endings unexplainable by biological science as we know it if his face hurts when he’s hit in the chest.
Well technically the brain registers all pain... But yeah you'd feel it in your chest first

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Is it just me, or does anyone else notice how McAvoy is the recipient of a lot of cheap shots?

I've thought the same thing for a while now. I can't recall ever seeing anything in his play style that would bring this on. I wonder if he just doesn't protect himself very well or if he's constantly chirping people out there. Pretty weird otherwise.

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
Times are changing in Boston guys. Chara is aging, Chara is dealing with a damaged jaw and Chara may no longer be the most feared man in the NHL..It is going to make McAvoy, Krug and Marchand open to this stuff.

the Bruins have had the ultimate body guard for 14 years now. That may be coming to an end.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
By next season are we going to have a discussion every time a hit is thrown? To be fair it should have been evened out in the end. Konecny for interference, McAvoy for embellishment, and then Wagner for roughing. So sure, Philly ends up with the power play still.

dBoon

Sep 28, 2004
The shyte video quality makes it look like an outright elbow to the chops. Will assume so until better video disproves it.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I hate the Flyers, like any good and decent person should, but that looks like a pretty bad embellishment from McAvoy.

Looks like he got hit in the chest.

Reactions: LFCTML

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
Someone please post a clip with audio (hit was after whistle). OP misleading everyone in the thread...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad