Konecny cheapshot on McAvoy

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Is it just me, or does anyone else notice how McAvoy is the recipient of a lot of cheap shots?
It's a trend these days because the NHL punishes players for taking matters into their own hands rather than punishing the player for the cheap shot (in my opinion, this play should have resulted in a penalty on the Flyers).

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
I really don't understand why people are saying it's a "clean hit". The puck's in the netting and the whistle was blown. What's he doing hitting him at all?

as per Leaf fans the Bruins don't have haters?

They don't even know the whole scope of the situation but they came here to bash the Bruins.

Blueboy

Apr 15, 2019
yes and one that I have tremendous respect for. I believe they are the best team at acquiring talent. But they have had a man in Chara who is Godzilla..biggest and strongest..He ragdolled people, and has broken a goon's face. He is the most talented big man in hockey history.. A one time 25 minute guy, who played PK, PP and was on the ice everywhere. It meant, star Bruin players were protected. He was not some fighter on the 4th line that did not see the ice,. Chara was there next to the stars.

It meant protection...

that may be disappearing..as it does, it will expose Bruins stars to this.

McAvoy, Krug, Marchand, Bergeron, Pasternak, even Debrusk are not the biggest of guys.
I agree, they’re all fake tough guys too.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
He just consistently sells and milks things like pretty much nobody else in the league. Acts like he's been shot.

Ok, got it. You watch so much of Boston that have determined McAvoy (who is not a diver, far from it) is selling it like "no one else in the league."

Ridiculously off base take.

Almost every player in the league dresses up hits/high sticks/slashes. It has become the norm. Iof anything, Charlie does it a lot less than other players around the league.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Almost every player in the league dresses up hits/high sticks/slashes.
This is not true. Maybe on your team.

If anything, Charlie does it a lot less than other players around the league.
This is far from the first time I have seen specifically him do it. I have seen nobody else do it at the same rate, in games I watch or on these boards, and it seems like many would agree with me. It's also not just the frequency in which he does it; he sells it hard. Rolls around, clutches irrelevant parts of his body, acts like a sniper just took him out, like he's going to be injured and miss time, and then he's out a shift later perfectly fine. But if you want to believe he's just a super lucky super unlucky guy, then you do you.

CamMac

Jan 3, 2015
Reading through this thread you would think the average age of posters is around 12 years old. The quality of this message board has gone way down in recent years and it’s consistently the same idiots spewing trash.

This hit was deserving of a minor and that’s pretty much it.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
That looks like normal jostling you see every game. If anything I’d lean towards it being a dive, but he could just be off balance or not paying attention to his surroundings. Good no-call IMO.

No doubt Bruins TV commentary team whined about it. They thing any physical play directed against the Bruins, even relatively ordinary plays, deserves a suspension and that whatever the Bruins do is "clean physical play" no matter how dirty. At some point this is going to end up coloring Bruins fans view of events and they come here to complain about a nothing play.

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
Reading through this thread you would think the average age of posters is around 12 years old. The quality of this message board has gone way down in recent years and it’s consistently the same idiots spewing trash.

This hit was deserving of a minor and that’s pretty much it.

this

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
This is not true. Maybe on your team.

This is far from the first time I have seen specifically him do it. I have seen nobody else do it at the same rate, in games I watch or on these boards, and it seems like many would agree with me. It's also not just the frequency in which he does it; he sells it hard. Rolls around, clutches irrelevant parts of his body, acts like a sniper just took him out, like he's going to be injured and miss time, and then he's out a shift later perfectly fine. But if you want to believe he's just a super lucky super unlucky guy, then you do you.

ok so it is your position that McAvoy is THE BIGGEST flopper in the league.

Hey what’s that? Oh wow, it’s your credibility flying out the window.

Buh bye

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad