Konami loses UEFA CL and EL license

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Fifa 2002 was the best.

Every national team was in it, you could play world cup qualifiers from every continent, with the world cup afterwards.

Jan 3, 2012
I enjoy gaming waaay more since quitting FIFA/EA Sports games.

I 100% believe that they have some kind of script so that bad players don't get constantly smashed and get some luck. Way to much sketchy stuff goes on.

Zegras Zebra

May 7, 2016
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I enjoy gaming waaay more since quitting FIFA/EA Sports games.

I 100% believe that they have some kind of script so that bad players don't get constantly smashed and get some luck. Way to much sketchy stuff goes on.
This is true. In the code there are certain times that the AI will adjust its level of play to attempt to make it a more competitive game. This is why some online gamers get upset about "scripting" or "ice tilt" in Chell (I imagine Madden, NBA, etc. have the same coding style). So if a player is getting out shot 10-1 the AI will up its level so that player won't get beaten 5-0, rage quit and eventually stop playing the game which prevents EA from making money from FUT packs.

The coding issue continues for off line gamers so if you have a high possession % and are out shooting your opponent badly after 20' the AI ups its level of play often resulting in a game where your players can't make basic passes, have under powered shots, players run like they are hungover, and your defenders often float out of position resulting in easy goals for the AI controlled team. The frustrating part of this is if you play Career Mode as a 5 star team it means you usually have difficult games against bottom table teams, but sometimes can easily beat teams like Real Madrid, Chelsea, PSG, etc. Essentially there are games where if you start off strong but fail to score in the first 20' you might as well restart the game because its impossible to win no matter how well you play.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Fifa 2002 was the best.

Every national team was in it, you could play world cup qualifiers from every continent, with the world cup afterwards.

You can do this with World Cup 2010 and it also has the captain your country/be a pro thing.

I'd personally recommend PES 2017, just excellent gameplay. I use it on the PS3, it's probably even better on PS4 or the new Xbox.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I wonder if the US failing to qualify had anything to do with EA being lazy about making a stand-alone game.

Those Selfish individuals! I always loved playing random small teams like against St. Lucia against the giants of the world

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad