Komarov scores, consoles Orpik

iDangleDangle

We Like Our Team
Jan 2, 2014
A bar
Yeah it was hilarious the way Komarov sparked the Caps comeback, what will he think of next! :biglaugh:

However Kypreos and MacLean were definitely not amused:

Hmmm...

Boring ass people. People like them are the reason player's with charisma are frowned upon and dismal players are praised. Everyone is ******** if a player says/does something out of the ordinary hockey stuff and jargon.

Funny instances like this, Ovy's hot stick celebration, Ruutu vs. Phaneuf, Laine's "99 out of a hundred" comment and such just add so much to the product without taking anything away.

It's not like Leo peed on the Caps' logo or anything :laugh: 'Though I'd like to see a celebration like that too :grin: Rivalries of old are dead, we need new ones!

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Yeah it was hilarious the way Komarov sparked the Caps comeback, what will he think of next! :biglaugh:

However Kypreos and MacLean were definitely not amused:

Hmmm...

Listening to what Kypreos said "people are always going to hate the leafs...you don't need to add fuel to that". BS, I say embrace it. If people are always gonna hate the team, take advantage of that. Komarov and Kadri getting under players skins has helped the Leafs this season more than it has hurt them.

Lemieuxs

Nov 23, 2013
Orpik is the kind of guy that not too many people throw any pity towards.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

Yeah this was definitely the turning point.

Certainly not the fact that the Leafs are blowing 3rd period leads at a record pace or anything.

It's a game. You're allowed to have fun.

BL92

Double Gold
May 22, 2016
Finland
Boring ass people. People like them are the reason player's with charisma are frowned upon and dismal players are praised. Everyone is ******** if a player says/does something out of the ordinary hockey stuff and jargon.

Funny instances like this, Ovy's hot stick celebration, Ruutu vs. Phaneuf, Laine's "99 out of a hundred" comment and such just add so much to the product without taking anything away.

It's not like Leo peed on the Caps' logo or anything :laugh: 'Though I'd like to see a celebration like that too :grin: Rivalries of old are dead, we need new ones!
Yeah, they just want their cardboard cutout players. Europeans have way more character in the NHL. I loved Ovi's celebrations.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Listening to what Kypreos said "people are always going to hate the leafs...you don't need to add fuel to that". BS, I say embrace it. If people are always gonna hate the team, take advantage of that. Komarov and Kadri getting under players skins has helped the Leafs this season more than it has hurt them.
Leaf fans don't actually care, like at all. People think by saying "this is why everyone hates the Leafs" they are making us feel bad, but it's the opposite. The best years in Toronto are when the team is competitive and hated by the league and its fans. Think back to the days of Domi, Roberts, Nolan, Tucker, etc., Toronto was despised and there's no better feeling.

If I could have it my way i'd have all 29 fanbases hate the Leafs. It's sports.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Thanks for the memory uncle Leo. Losses, wins will get erased with time but I'll always remember that.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
It definitely backfired on Komarov (and I'm sure Orpik let him know when passing him by), but it's still pretty funny.

Strangelove

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah this was definitely the turning point.

Certainly not the fact that the Leafs are blowing 3rd period leads at a record pace or anything.

It's a game. You're allowed to have fun.

Hey buddy, I said I laughed. :silly:

I think Leo was merely paying homage to Ovi for that time Ovi knocked him the bleep out... and then hugged him after. :laugh:

Remember that... around 2 years ago. :laugh:

Don't worry about me pal, I've got a great sense of humour!

Strangelove

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
LOL

Yeah that's exactly why they lost. If Komarov could keep his hands to himself we would be 82-0

:help:

Didn't realize Komarov does this every game and the Leaves have played 82 games already. :rollseyes:

Just saying the Caps didn't find it funny and no doubt used it as motivation.

That should be obvious.

:help::help::help:

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Didn't realize Komarov does this every game and the Leaves have played 82 games already. :rollseyes:

That should be obvious.

Of course they did

"u see wat they did 2 me guyz :~~~~~~~~~~~{"

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives

That should be obvious.

Or, the Kuznetsov line dominated from start to finish. Or, perhaps the Craps were angry about their performance after two periods.

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
Omg Komarov absolutely disgusting u made the team LOSE!! You started the OVECHKIN team. What an absolute disgrace scrubs

I'm furious this loss is 100% on Komarov

Strangelove

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Omg Komarov absolutely disgusting u made the team LOSE!! You started the OVECHKIN team. What an absolute disgrace scrubs

I'm furious this loss is 100% on Komarov

Agreed, Leo's move was the catalyst, but why you mad bro?

Try to see the humour of it all...

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
It definitely backfired on Komarov (and I'm sure Orpik let him know when passing him by), but it's still pretty funny.

As did Martin's huge hit on Orlov after the puck left Orlov's stick long ago he targeted him and tried to destroy him. Much later than the video above that shows Orpik going after Matta after the puck left his stick. Few minutes later Orlov scores and begins the comeback.

It's one thing to be creative and funny and a troll to get under the other teams skin but it's another to do things that help cost your team the game. Players showing old time respect has not killed the fun in this leauge because until the past handful of years it's always been a respect leauge. If you wanna blame somebody for taking the fun away blame the NHL by taking away many of the legal checking opportunities because guys are scared to get suspended and making fighting almost non existent.

Clatartar

Dec 28, 2014
Yeah, they just want their cardboard cutout players. Europeans have way more character in the NHL. I loved Ovi's celebrations.

Pun intened?
Cardboard-Orpik-with-Johnny.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad