Komarov destroys Gaudreau with clean hit

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Hard to be a real fight when all that happens is gio trying to drop kick leo. :laugh:

It's hilarious they dress the dummy englland who's a talentless throwback to the 80s. Nothing happens.

Calgary should learn from a team like Edmonton. If a plug like Mcdonald looked at Gretzky the wrong way hed be pummeled.

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
It's hilarious they dress the dummy englland who's a talentless throwback to the 80s. Nothing happens.

Calgary should learn from a team like Edmonton. If a plug like Mcdonald looked at Gretzky the wrong way hed be pummeled.

I think engelland gets a bit of a bad rep, the few flames games i have watched this year he didnt seem that bad. Stuff still happened to gretz, its not like the oilers went after suter when he did that number at the CC i think it was. Granted it wasnt an nhl game but its not like the oilers goons shouldnt have still been going after him.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Clean hit.

Gaudreau decided to stop playing hockey this season anyway now that he signed his big contract. This will just make him play even less hockey.

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
I think engelland gets a bit of a bad rep, the few flames games i have watched this year he didnt seem that bad. Stuff still happened to gretz, its not like the oilers went after suter when he did that number at the CC i think it was. Granted it wasnt an nhl game but its not like the oilers goons shouldnt have still been going after him.

He was a King by that point in time. That was the '91 CC.

Ashasx

Jun 30, 2010
Great hit. Sorry kid but if you are too small to take a hit like that without getting hurt, you may be too small.

Anybody who takes that hit is going to be shaken up. And he was back out 5 minutes later... not hurt.

So maybe not too small?

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Clean hit.

Gaudreau decided to stop playing hockey this season anyway now that he signed his big contract. This will just make him play even less hockey.

I mean, he doesn't look like he's not trying. He just looks like he's forgotten how to do things well.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
I mean, he doesn't look like he's not trying. He just looks like he's forgotten how to do things well.

Impossible to say but I think he's intimidated. It's tough because the Flames clearly don't have his back at this point. He looks like Eberle in the Oilers failure years.

Fear the Wushu

Dec 4, 2013
New Brunswick, NJ
Leafs fan. I think it's technically clean, but Komarov was aiming for his chin with his shoulder. To me it could be argued as intent to injure, but the league doesn't seem to use that rule ever.

I don't really understand, intent to injure should be for malicious plays not for plays like this one where Komarov is just making a hockey play. I mean any time you hit someone in either hockey, football, or any other contact sport the hit should be 100% and the point of the hit should be to deal punishment. If you're not trying to dish out punishment, you're doing the hit wrong. You're actually at greater risk of injury for yourself and the opposing player when you half ass any type of physical contact in any sport.

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
Clean sure. But he ran him. And there's no honour in running a guy who's the size of most people's mother.

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
Clean sure. But he ran him. And there's no honour in running a guy who's the size of most people's mother.

i don't get this 'unwritten' rule... the guy is a grown ass man playing in a physical league, your height should not give you immunity from getting hit.

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
I can't believe this thread is still going (actually I can). Extremely hard, but CLEAN, hit. Glad Johnny's okay and in the long run it's probably a good lesson for him; you can't let your guard down or get too complacent when you're a small player in this league. He didn't have a problem with it either, he said the hit was fine and that it's part of the game.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
stop adoring your pass. No idea how this kid gets pummeled and acts like he gets shot, then magically is out to play the powerplay. Was nice to see karma had a second punch for him when he fanned on his own shot which in turn caused a goal. Kid needs to stop admiring his highlight reel and start bulking up. His weight and inability to brace for a hit will shorten his career. Sorry to say but Ryan Kesler was right. Small guy who is easy to bully and lay the body on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad