Proposal: Kobasew to Boston

member 116861

I don't know why people hate Kobasew so much, he is a good 4th liner.

stungun

Feb 28, 2002
Portland, ME
www.seanrileysite.com
You guys already had him. 3rd or 4th I be fine with either or. Hard to believe he was so highly touted at one time. Guys got good wheels and a decent checker but yikes almost no finish.

Exactly, he would probably adjust to the system quicker than some other scrub, he played a good role as a depth player. Saw him play with Marc staal in AHL during the last lockout, he had wheels then too. I like how he goes to the net.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Maybe for the reason people hate Hunwick--our coach has used him in really dumb ways.

I don't think Hunwick is a bad guy anymore than I think Kobasew is, but I definitely want both gone from here as soon as possible.

So what you're saying is the Bruins can have Kobasew for free...but they have to take Hunwick back with him. :yo:

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado
:shakehead

He's worth around a 3rd round pick from a contender, or a prospect with bottom 6 potential.

What makes you say that? I think we over-value our players on here sometimes.

During his time with us he's produced at a 0.24 points per game while playing 8-13 minutes a night on the 4th line, and in a market where Simon Gagne goes for a conditional 4th I'd say we'd be lucky to get a 4th for him. There's no way a contending team will give up a 3rd or a decent prospect for Chuck Kobasew in the final year of his contract.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
What makes you say that? I think we over-value our players on here sometimes.

During his time with us he's produced at a 0.24 points per game while playing 8-13 minutes a night on the 4th line, and in a market where Simon Gagne goes for a conditional 4th I'd say we'd be lucky to get a 4th for him. There's no way a contending team will give up a 3rd or a decent prospect for Chuck Kobasew in the final year of his contract.

He's a very good 4th liner and he can kill penalties as well. Contending teams that are looking for depth at forward position will fork over that 3rd or 4th round pick without much thinking.
I know that I'd take Koby on the Habs to play over Armstrong if it only costs a 3rd rounder quite easily.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Quick somebody give us a 2nd for Kobasew! He does it all. He scores, he draws penalties, he makes good plays on the PK.

He must be feeling the pressure to further his career with a little push at the end here.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
He's a very good 4th liner and he can kill penalties as well. Contending teams that are looking for depth at forward position will fork over that 3rd or 4th round pick without much thinking.
I know that I'd take Koby on the Habs to play over Armstrong if it only costs a 3rd rounder quite easily.

Quick somebody give us a 2nd for Kobasew! He does it all. He scores, he draws penalties, he makes good plays on the PK.

He must be feeling the pressure to further his career with a little push at the end here.

well after Ivan's post , a second round is the new asking price. We'll start with a second round and let see if we can build trade from there and get more . :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad