GDT: Knights to put out Flames after Crash landing in the 'Peg. More News To Follow Sun 4PT/Mon 12 NZ

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Exiting the 1st with a lead?

19d.gif

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Nah f*** it. Come the f*** on Holden, sure your partner was in the corner but f*** me the man is constantly getting exposed by parking his body in nonsense areas around the crease and can't skate fast enough to challenge a close range puck possessing forward. Dube had way too much time and space. This is his f***ing job. Sure his goal says we're not tied yet but he's got two huge gaffes leading to two goals against.

The PK keeps faltering and PDB won't even try replacing Holden on the pk unit.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
All right. Who was on the net front coverage? Hmmm

That was on Roy equally though.

The turnover on the bad pass, he got back then vacated the middle of the ice on the PK to chase the puck. Dube was a trailer.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
That was on Roy equally though.

The turnover on the bad pass, he got back then vacated the middle of the ice on the PK to chase the puck. Dube was a trailer.
I care far more about the person whose job it is to cover breakdowns that keep the puck in the defensive zone than I do a forward turning the puck over. Just like the Kopitar goal I mentioned a couple days ago, Holden parks his body in a useless position and doesn't hustle enough to challenge the shooter and instead opts to drop down for a crouch block, which isn't the worst panic move but it highlights that his positioning and lethargy meant too much time and space for the shooter. If he wasn't so committed to defending...basically nothing, that goal almost definitely doesn't happen.

Not as bad as the Kopitar goal since there were only two forwards in on that play. But Holden could have cut off the passing lane and put pressure on the shooter if he moved his feet. Instead he got caught watching the left winger and doesn't even notice Dube until he gets the puck.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Basically, we need to get it together for the playoffs. We get almost no power plays, and our power play sucks anyway (and it shouldn't with our talent), and we are 26th in the league on the PK(remember we were 2nd early in the season so it's even worse. In the playoffs, special teams mean more, which means we aren't going anywhere in tight games if the special teams don't improve significantly.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I care far more about the person whose job it is to cover breakdowns that keep the puck in the defensive zone than I do a forward turning the puck over. Just like the Kopitar goal I mentioned a couple days ago, Holden parks his body in a useless position and doesn't hustle enough to challenge the shooter and instead opts to drop down for a crouch block, which isn't the worst panic move but it highlights that his positioning and lethargy meant too much time and space for the shooter. If he wasn't so committed to defending...basically nothing, that goal almost definitely doesn't happen.

But if Roy stays put in the middle of the ice where he was instead of chasing a puck then Dube has no space there. I look at it more as a breakdown of the PK unit as a whole.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad