Knights (K)News

Status
Not open for further replies.

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
So next step up, not insta-vault to Chief Business Officer or whatever position was made up. It's really crappy on morale for those who chose hockey mgmt as a profession and have worked hard to climb the ladder. Again, it's Bill's sandbox, he can arrange it as he pleases.....
The main thing here is the creator will not be around forever. Rather have by that time a knowledgeable successor than someone who wants to sell the team away.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
That isn't going to make it any better on their morale. "We are going to hire the best in the industry. The best in the industry, and my son."

While I don't disagree with your logic, you're pissing into the wind. This is the way businesses are run & in turn, the way the world runs. Some people win the lottery before they are born, the rest of us work for a living.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
For those (such as myself) that liked to park free at the Trop for VGK games, it's over. They will now be charging $15 (I think) on "event (K)nights." But, there's this... :laugh:

Guess Bob's isn't doing so well. Not surprised, though. Always thought the Trop was a bad spot for a place like Irvine's.

Parking at the Trop was always plenty empty game nights when I went. But management must have seen folks walking out the parking with their VGK gear on. (Told Mrs. Jones to cover up!) And then decided to cash in a few bucks.

Slightly longer walk, but there's still free parking at Hooters!

For now.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I began late last year to suspect that Gallant pulls every questionable hittee from the game not just for protocol, but also to force DOPS's hand to act. They are then day to day until DOPS either hands down their sentence or signals that they have no interest in the case. Don't get me wrong, there are those who have actually been injured, like Patches, but just looking at the ones that can come quickly back.

My first reaction to this was, "It doesn't matter, the damage is done," but the more I thought about it, this could make opponents think twice before levying a dangerous hit. If this is true, Gallant is brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad