Post-Game Talk: Knights def. Canucks - 7-4 - Where do we go from here?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Just another night on special teams....two pp goals for Vegas and 0-4 for the Canucks.

It's like starting every game down 0-2 before they even drop the puck. It adds up to a lot of losses because on a normal night it's just too hard to score 5 on 5.

After being stellar for most of the season, Demko has cracked in the last two games. But then that's not surprising considering the ridiculous high-danger chances this team gives up night after night.

Canucks now have one outright win in 15 games....just one.....on par with the Coyotes.....pretty hard to fathom, but there you have it.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
So... until the Canucks started playing even worse, it was a 50/50? That still means the Knights were substantially better on average, which the score is perfectly indicative of.
I didnt say the Canucks were the better team, or deserved to win.

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
Just another night on special teams....two pp goals for Vegas and 0-4 for the Canucks.

It's like starting every game down 0-2 before they even drop the puck. It adds up to a lot of losses because on a normal night it's just too hard to score 5 on 5.

After being stellar for most of the season, Demko has cracked in the last two games. But then that's not surprising considering the ridiculous high-danger chances this team gives up night after night.

Canucks now have one outright win in 15 games....just one.....on par with the Coyotes.....pretty hard to fathom, but there you have it.

Well, Canucks took a 2-0 lead this time, and somehow, I suspected they were going to blow it. And I was right.

Scoring first or not, Canucks can't win.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
I think Orcatown pretty much nailed it in his game review.

I will say, that I hate to normally use the referee card, but was it just me or was that one of the most biased and worst reffed game you've seen. That call on OEL to end the 2nd and the call on Demko in the 3rd were inexcusable.

I thought that as awful as we were defensively, we were still largely the better team 5 on 5, and carried the play. The wheels fell off after the Demko call though.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

I will say, that I hate to normally use the referee card, but was it just me or was that one of the most biased and worst reffed game you've seen. That call on OEL to end the 2nd and the call on Demko in the 3rd were inexcusable.

I thought that as awful as we were defensively, we were still largely the better team 5 on 5, and carried the play. The wheels fell off after the Demko call though.
Thats the game I saw..I get being penalized for knocking the net off if there was pressure in your own end, but there wasnt any......Its just a shitty discretionary call to make in a 4-4 game in the 3rd period.

Just like the shitty call made by Brad Meier on Halak against Anaheim (at least Meier knew he blew it and apologized).

Reactions: Grantham

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

It was poorly reffed but it went both ways.

There was a play on a delayed penalty in the first where a Vegas player cutting in off the wing was blatantly hauled down and we should have been 2 men short for a full 2 minutes.

The hooking call on Marchessault for stripping Pettersson was also incredibly soft. If that's a penalty, Pavel Datsyuk would have had 300 PIM every year.

People always lose their shit when a soft call goes against us but don't put the calls that go in our favour under the same microscope.

And again, we have the biggest PP differential in our favour in the NHL and have spent the most time on the PP. Most of the breaks so far this year have gone in our favour, and even if this game went against us a bit, on balance we really have nothing to complain about.

Reactions: Foundational Player

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
It was poorly reffed but it went both ways.

There was a play on a delayed penalty in the first where a Vegas player cutting in off the wing was blatantly hauled down and we should have been 2 men short for a full 2 minutes.

The hooking call on Marchessault for stripping Pettersson was also incredibly soft. If that's a penalty, Pavel Datsyuk would have had 300 PIM every year.

People always lose their shit when a soft call goes against us but don't put the calls that go in our favour under the same microscope.

And again, we have the biggest PP differential in our favour in the NHL and have spent the most time on the PP. Most of the breaks so far this year have gone in our favour, and even if this game went against us a bit, on balance we really have nothing to complain about.
Thanks for explaining, and yes looking at it again you're right, we got away with some too.

That Demko call just made me so mad though, and it broke the camels back. I don't know why it just bugged me. It felt as if the referees were pandering to the Vegas crowd.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
It was a bad call.
That same post came loose on demko very easily in the 1st period, it was clearly not set properly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad