Post-Game Talk: Knights def. Canucks - 7-4 - Where do we go from here?

SixtyFour

Aug 7, 2015
I don't write on this board often, mostly reading. You can call me kinda "Benning and Green supporter" (I'm rather neutral) but enough of this BS. Jim and Travis should be fired ASAP, this team need a shake. The main problem is owners and we probably won't see major changes. This team with this roster can compete, but not under Green and Benning.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
it was 2-0... thought van had it but penalties cost them and the floodgates opened. horvat turned away from mcnabb? or something. good on oel trying to stick up for pods. garbage coach. defense is still shit. same old story bye bye green and company.

Reactions: Indiana and Grub

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
it was 2-0... thought van had it but penalties cost them and the floodgates opened. horvat turned away from mcnabb? or something. good on oel trying to stick up for pods. garbage coach. defense is still shit. same old story bye bye green and company.

Problem with this team they can never play a full 60 minute game. Has been a problem throughout Green's tenure here.

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
His recent trades have been good. ...

Quite a few of his recent trades have been for players that were reasonable value as players. Some of them, though, have been to time-shift assets from the future to the present, which in my opinion was a poor choice of direction for a team which was closer to the bottom of the league than it was to being a championship contender.

At least Benning is no longer targetting Sutter and Gudbranson as guys to give up assets for, but his strategic plan seems faulty to me. I can agree that he is no longer getting robbed blind, but don't think that the trades have made sense for the Canucks.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
fire green. hire dan byslma or any avaliable coach that is better than travis stubborn green. i don't take responsibility type of guy. HELL i take john tortorella back.

Last edited:

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Maybe it's time to start looking at Horvat as part of the problem. It's time for him to step it up as the captain and hold himself and some of these underachievers responsible. His buddy Tanner Pearson is one of them. No more Mr. Nice guy, he needs to break a few sticks and call out a few guys and maybe score a hattrick or at least have a fight.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Benning needs to go, but one thing that drives me insane is the people who assume it has to be one or the other. Travis gets a free pass because jim sucks.

BS, jim left this roster with holes, but coaches are getting more out of worse rosters across the league. Stop this one or the other mentality. The problems go from owner, to gm, to coach. Teams dont have this many issue's if it was one or the other. If the coach is good they mask holes in the roster, and vice versa. The problem is all 3.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
fire green. hire dan byslma or any avaliable coach that is better than travis stubborn green. i don't take responsibility type of guy. HELL i take john tortorella back.
Why the actual f*** would we hire Bylsma when Boudreau and Julien are available?

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
Patience is needed with the roster not Benning or Green. Trades and changes need to be made but no need to burn this roster to the ground.

It has been so misguided for so long is not even funny.

If Benning brought in D. Sutter last year this team would be rocking.

Green was not a great player and that's the reason why he stinks as a coach. He is at best a ECHL coach and tops out as a AHL coach. He has no vision or creativity. He needs to bring in Matt's Sundin to help him....lol

Benning has no business being a GM.

I agree Green is not a good coach, but Gretzky sucked as a coach too.
And Scotty Bowman didn't even make it to the NHL.

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
Maybe it's time to start looking at Horvat as part of the problem. It's time for him to step it up as the captain and hold himself and some of these underachievers responsible. His buddy Tanner Pearson is one of them. No more Mr. Nice guy, he needs to break a few sticks and call out a few guys and maybe score a hattrick or at least have a fight.

Garland is a 5'8 Elf and has been here for 3 months, Bo is our Captain and has been here for 8 years

I doubt there's any camaraderie left in this group. Everyone's just frustrated and don't give a sht anymore.

DarrenX

Apr 15, 2014
Nothing will improve while current ownership is in place. At this point I just hate-follow this team while I cheer for my backup (the Leafs). Yeah they'll probably choke and lose in the first round again, but at least they'll get there.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
Okay, there are a lot of issues with Green but I'm honestly concerned the guy might be concussed after looking at the stat sheet. How do you possibly watch Hoglander play tonight and award him the least amount of ice time of all players not named Chiasson (who shouldn't even be in the NHL)?

I almost think www.nhl.com is bugged after looking that up.
Listen to the postgame presser. Green does not trust Hog defensively.

Now how he arrives at that conclusion on a relative scale with other players on the team, that’s another matter altogether. But that how Green feels.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
Nothing will improve while current ownership is in place. At this point I just hate-follow this team while I cheer for my backup (the Leafs). Yeah they'll probably choke and lose in the first round again, but at least they'll get there.
When HNIC reports that the Aquilini family is accompanying the team on the road, does that include other Aquilini brothers? What I’m saying is, does this mean FrAq also have to answer for the team as well? Dare to dream I guess.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri

Drance getting awfully close here.

It’s the same thing as saying the Canucks have too many one dimensional players and players who just simply shouldn’t be in the NHL. To me that’s what players you win with means. Players who have a more well rounded game. That’s doesn’t mean you can’t have those one dimensional guys…I think you actually need some but it’s a roster that is far too heavy with them.

Reactions: Foundational Player

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
It’s the same thing as saying the Canucks have too many one dimensional players and players who just simply shouldn’t be in the NHL. To me that’s what players you win with means. Players who have a more well rounded game. That’s doesn’t mean you can’t have those one dimensional guys…I think you actually need some but it’s a roster that is far too heavy with them.

While I agree with what you’re saying, I can’t help but think Drance is giving Travis Green a pass here…this isn’t JUST roster construction, this roster has some serious issues, but they have too much talent to be as terrible as they are…even when motivated to play a “statement game” they don’t seem as into it as their opponent. There is something rotten in that dressing room and to me it’s their coaching staff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad