Post-Game Talk: Klim Reaper and Honey Badger dethrone the Kings

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
In case you’re wondering if I yelled if you ain’t first you’re last at the end, the answer is yes. If he didn’t like it he shouldn’t have been 20 feet away from me.

Attachments

• E7F4D36D-A8A5-4FEA-B320-54DB840A2AD3.jpeg
    E7F4D36D-A8A5-4FEA-B320-54DB840A2AD3.jpeg
    128.4 KB · Views: 2

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Doesn't Jim Hughson / Simpson usually get Leafs games ?

Please no Singh. He's too boring.

Hughson retired after 2020.

HNIC's PxP is Cuthbert and Singh with two others in support, but they usually cut it down to just those two guys.

Anticipate Singh for round 2 unfortunately.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I know most won't agree but I thought Singh did a good job of the call on the game last night. We hate him at times because he does his job of hyping up the action of both teams but that is his job on a national broadcast. He is improved.

Great to know he’s being unbiased for all 2 of the LA Kings fans watching. SN has no clue who their audience is outside the GTA. Simpson and Cuthbert stroke the leafs but we get a guy who pretends to be excited when LA’s 4th line make a tape to tape pass.

SN need to pull their heads out of their ass and make it like a home broadcast for Canadians and Oiler fans like they do with Leaf national broadcasts.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Great to know he’s being unbiased for all 2 of the LA Kings fans watching. SN has no clue who their audience is outside the GTA. Simpson and Cuthbert stroke the leafs but we get a guy who pretends to be excited when LA’s 4th line make a tape to tape pass.

SN need to pull their heads out of their ass and make it like a home broadcast for Canadians and Oiler fans like they do with Leaf national broadcasts.
I'm not as harsh as some on Singh. But I am a Jack guy. WTF can't we have our own guy?????
Didn't Ball do work for Calgary and / or others in previous years?

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I know most won't agree but I thought Singh did a good job of the call on the game last night. We hate him at times because he does his job of hyping up the action of both teams but that is his job on a national broadcast. He is improved.
Are you serious? When he says "McDavid shoots, and Korpisalo is in the way", that kinda makes me question if he thinks before he says things. OF COURSE Korpisalo is in the way! HES THE f***ING GOALIE! DUMBASS!

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Yeah. Figured his game was coming around 3-4 seasons ago. He's better when one considers he's strong, can take punishment, dish it out, and he's a solid 200ft player. He's an atypical player there though as a lot of the Kings prospects haven't panned out as well.

Its impressive Kempe did this much in the series even though Kopitar and Kempe had Byfield cooling the line the first 5 games. If they had Arviddson in there they probably get a couple more goals. The line looked good last night, and really it does anytime it lands there. McLellan doing McLellan things. All coaches have weird oddities. Like Woody not playing Kostin much.
will be interesting to see if Kostin starts getting more ice time going forward.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Hughson retired during Rona era IIRC.
Leafs get the 'premier' duo of Cuthbert and Simpson...probably because those 2 can't help themselves fluffing the Leafs every game

Wow I really need to get with the times lol

So what you're telling me is that we're likely stuck with Singh again ?

I would gladly take the Vancouver duo announcers, I've always enjoyed them even during Canuck games.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I like him as a person but his commentary drives me nuts. He changes his voice like a person reading books to children.

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
I like him as a person but his commentary drives me nuts. He changes his voice like a person reading books to children.
I agree. I like him as well, but he shouldn't be forced on us. As others have mentioned other teams get their regional broadcast crew.

If Jack is a no go for Sportsnet, then they should let Cam Moon call some Oilers games on tv. He's terrific and would be more national broadcast appropriate.

Reactions: harpoon and T-Funk

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
I agree. I like him as well, but he shouldn't be forced on us. As others have mentioned other teams get their regional broadcast crew.

If Jack is a no go for Sportsnet, then they should let Cam Moon call some Oilers games on tv. He's terrific and would be more national broadcast appropriate.
Cam Moon would be great. He should do all the sportsnet games and they can stop this musical chairs thing they're doing between tv and radio.

Reactions: RattsSSV

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG

This shows the bigger problem with our country. The lack of competition. We have Roger's and Bell controlling the media landscape. So it's "You take what we give you and shut up about it". I don't buy the low population argument anymore. So few companies control so much in our country and I find that sickening.
Unless Jack Michaels is exclusive to Chorus Radio Entertainment for the playoffs, I find no reason not to have him calling the games. Singh is ok but I can see some being annoyed with his excitement toward other teams during his play calling. Cuth and Simp are TO biased disasters.
Give your western markets the best people available for their respective markets. I'd say that goes for the SN panel that's full of Leaf fans. Give a balance that represents everyone.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Had nothing better to do last night so swung by CP.

Those delusional fools figure the refs are in the Oilers back pocket. Did they not see games 1-3 and 6? :laugh:

Wow I really need to get with the times lol

So what you're telling me is that we're likely stuck with Singh again ?

I would gladly take the Vancouver duo announcers, I've always enjoyed them even during Canuck games.
I'd love Shorthouse for round 2.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
In case it hasn't been said, credit where credit is due to Nurse. The way he calmy took the puck in our zone and confidently transported it up the ice, leading to the game winner. Incredible play. So composed. More of that please!
I think Nurse was shocked as hell in the dying seconds when the Kings stayed in 1-3-1 when they needed a goal to tie. You'd think they'd have went full out blitz sending 5 pass rushers and one guy back.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I must say the last minute of that game was just exceptional by Drai and McDavid. Both made key defensive plays denying the Kings zone entries on excellent stick checks, and McDavid made a sneaky smart move when Nurse burned an extra 5 seconds off the clock by hovering over Arvidsson who had lost his stick, and just made it hard on him to pick himself up, grab his stick, and clear the zone on the delayed offside, and he did it without taking a holding or interference call.

On to round 2 lets go boys.

Reactions: AddyTheWrath

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad