Injury Report: Klein - Fractured Thumb

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
At least now he has to play McIlrath, right?

Right??...:help:

ca76c96b3ac5df05bd748815b3529b2b.jpg

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Yeah, that's fair.

I guess it will be more fun to see how he keeps him out of the lineup when Klein is healthy again.

Because it's the right thing to do.

Well, when it comes down to it, the Rangers played pretty terribly when McIlrath got a bunch of games in last time. Not saying it's his fault, but the results didn't favor keeping him in.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Well, when it comes down to it, the Rangers played pretty terribly when McIlrath got a bunch of games in last time. Not saying it's his fault, but the results didn't favor keeping him in.

I find this logic very odd. But, that's me :dunno:

I think you'll find that McIlrath is very rarely on the ice for 5v5 goals against, so, I'd be hardpressed to put all these losses, or the Rangers playing poorly, on him. And making him the scapegoat to leave the lineup.

It's just odd logic, again, to me.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess

It's not, and if the coaching staff says, "hurr durr the record isn't good when he's in the lineup," the coaching staff is a bunch of freaking idiots. He's a better player than a couple above him at this point, period.

I think you'll find that McIlrath is very rarely on the ice for 5v5 goals against, so, I'd be hardpressed to put all these losses, or the Rangers playing poorly, on him. And making him the scapegoat to leave the lineup.

Exactly!

Mr Clutch

Jan 21, 2014
Virginia

Hes not wrong. The rangers did play terrible last time klein was down. But that had nothing to do with Dylan. He was tremendous

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Right. My issue with the logic is that he seemed to be okay with Dylan taking the heat for it.

Perhaps I read the post wrong.

I don't really pass judgment on decisions the coaching staff makes. Everything about managing a team or a group comes down to finding the right team formula. The individual's performance takes a back seat.

It makes total sense that a coach would go back to a formula that worked better, in this case having Girardi, Klein and Boyle as your RD. Now, it only kinda worked. If it were me, I would have eventually tried a different formula of Girardi, Klein and McIlrath, but I get why AV would take McIlrath out when Klein came back.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
Great. A RD goes down and again its ****ing Klein.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad