Klefgate

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Hey! Another thread to throw an Oiler under the bus! We sure need one of those!!

Yep who's next?

So fa he's gone after Nuge, Lucic, Eberle and now Klefbom in the crusade to prove something about the Hall trade. What that some thing is, I'm not sure.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Maybe not the best way of phrasing things and he would have been better off keeping that comment to himself but is there really any need to balloon this into more than it is?

Is trying to drag a current player through the mud an appropriate response to being frustrated that a former player is getting the same treatment?

Klefgate? C'mon.

Klefgate is obviously tongue and cheek in the moment. Not sure what else to call it. "Klefbom loses his mind in silly statements" wouldn't be anymore attractive.

" Klefbom gets it all wrong" doesn't sound better.

Klef did this. The hockey world is just reporting on it now and this is being big news already around the league on this board. hope the kid has some ear plugs. he's going to be hearing these quotes all year fom opponents.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
The mains where predictable as ever. Their favourite punching bag in Taylor Hall is now some sort of demi-god. Mark my words. If something like this came out when Hall was an Oiler, they'd be tearing him, and us, a new *******. But since he isn't, and the accusation came from an Oiler, they are tearing the Oiler, and us, a new *******.

Same stupid cycle of hypocrisy as always.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
You expect somebody who feels he is speaking the truth to be better? I'm not saying he is right or wrong but tons of stuff has come out about Hall since the trade. Some bs I'm sure, some true and some right in the middle. It was said that a few teammates voiced their opinions at the exist interviews to management. If Klef was one of these players and thought it was for the betterment of the team, who cares. He did the right thing. Hall's leadership qualities have been called into question several times over the years. This is just another confirmation. He still said Hall was a good teammate

At this moment I would wonder more about Klefbom as a good teammate. just saying.

This isn't Hall throwing another team mate under the bus.

The audacity of a player that hardly even played this season making comments about another player not showing up against harder teams. A comment that is unfounded, and erroneous in the first place.

What on Earth is Klefbom talking about?

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Play semantics. I would gather it means some nature of worse. Which for a player on a team with 4 #1 picks and that finished 29 place is an indescribably silly comment to make.

Although I'm sure its going to be good banter for opponents.

Or it could mean "weaker team" which is completely unrelated to the Oilers performance.

In the way that the Blue Jackets and Flames are weaker teams than the Blackhawks and Kings.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Klefgate is obviously tongue and cheek in the moment. Not sure what else to call it. "Klefbom loses his mind in silly statements" wouldn't be anymore attractive.

Klef did this. The hockey world is just reporting on it now and this is being big news already around the league on this board. hope the kid has some ear plugs. he's going to be hearing these quotes all year fom opponents.

I doubt many players that don't play on the Devils will know or care.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Except Hall it would seem.

These comments say much more about klefboms character than they do about halls. I somehow doubt the group think on this board will see it that way though.

If points are all that matters then you're right. We don't see the game from the same set of eyes as a talented NHLer though.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
This is pretty stupid.

I guess it's a slow summer so we need to dig up some dubiously translated article so that we have someone to character assassinate, huh?

Disgusting, Replacement. I am actually disgusted.

I won't contribute anymore to this thread since I don't want it's post count to increase and give it more attention than it deserves.

Adéu.

Not sure why this reaction.

The character assassination, if there is one, was ironically initiated by Klefbom who had nothing to gain by making any of these comments. A firm dose of just **** would obviously be better than the verbal diarrhea that Klefbom stated.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
At this moment I would wonder more about Klefbom as a good teammate. just saying.

This isn't Hall throwing another team mate under the bus.

The audacity of a player that hardly even played this season making comments about another player not showing up against harder teams. A comment that is unfounded, and erroneous in the first place.

What on Earth is Klefbom talking about?

Here we go.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

Not a fan of the Hall comment either but you're being way too dramatic about this, WAY too dramatic.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Or it could mean "weaker team" which is completely unrelated to the Oilers performance.

In the way that the Blue Jackets and Flames are weaker teams than the Blackhawks and Kings.

How does "'weaker" teams have any appreciably different context. As in weaker than what?

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
And we're done. These crusade threads are always miserable and require constant monitoring and cleanup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad