Klas Dahlbeck

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Ideally he could be a really solid LHD on the 3rd pair at 5v5 and 1st pair PK.

So you could see him continue to put up 3 shtoi minutes per game? Given he put up 35 points in 75 AHL games last year, i was hoping he could knock home 20-25 points on the 'yotes.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
So you could see him continue to put up 3 shtoi minutes per game? Given he put up 35 points in 75 AHL games last year, i was hoping he could knock home 20-25 points on the 'yotes.

He will be a big PK option, so yes. He's not a true stay at home guy so 20 points is reasonable.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Points are just a bad way to measure D-man. Stone and Murphy both took big steps forward this year, but had less points than last year. Racking up points for most defenceman is heavily dependent on the forward corps being able to score.

Which of course we were unable to do this year

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Playing good so far?

I wish he had a bit more mobility and passing ability, but he has been great in his role. Kept standing Red Wings up at the blueline and concussed Drew Miller in the process. He has the size, so it's nice to see him be a little mean with it. Can't complain about the price it took to acquire him, that's for damn sure.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Next to nothing. 20 points, maybe.

Ideally he could be a really solid LHD on the 3rd pair at 5v5 and 1st pair PK. Points? Not many. Any he does produce are a bonus. An afterthought.

I think 20pts. is realistic. His upside could be a second pairing, but I thought that of Murphy and Stone and they are playing like AHL players. Stone has quit hitting and Murphy coughs up the puck more than Paul Coffey in his rookie year.

Points are just a bad way to measure D-man. Stone and Murphy both took big steps forward this year, but had less points than last year. Racking up points for most defenceman is heavily dependent on the forward corps being able to score.

Which of course we were unable to do this year

You think Murphy and Stone have taken big steps forward this year? Man, I sure don't see it. If anything they have taken a step back and I'm not talking points, rather their play overall.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I think 20pts. is realistic. His upside could be a second pairing, but I thought that of Murphy and Stone and they are playing like AHL players. Stone has quit hitting and Murphy coughs up the puck more than Paul Coffey in his rookie year.

You think Murphy and Stone have taken big steps forward this year? Man, I sure don't see it. If anything they have taken a step back and I'm not talking points, rather their play overall.

Murphy and Stone have stalled this year. No doubt. Very disappointing. But Blazing Blue's post you quoted was from April. So he was referring to last season. They both took big steps last season. So you're both correct! Haha

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Murphy and Stone have stalled this year. No doubt. Very disappointing. But Blazing Blue's post you quoted was from April. So he was referring to last season. They both took big steps last season. So you're both correct! Haha

:laugh: I didn't notice.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Last I looked he led all rookies in hits. Possible we have a happy hit counter here though, those stats are a little dodgy.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
nhl.com says that he have 90 hits in 30 games.

That is strange, he was never physical in Sweden...

He hasn't thrown many big hits(I can recall a few), but he does consistently play the body. I our stat keeper is generous with regards to hits historically.

moose vasko

Mar 3, 2011
Disclosure: I am a Hawk fan. Just curious how you guys like Dahlbeck now after the 60 games or so he has under his belt.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Disclosure: I am a Hawk fan. Just curious how you guys like Dahlbeck now after the 60 games or so he has under his belt.

Good solid defender. I think he could be a be a top-4 guy if paired with good RH PMD. Otherwise, probably bottom pairing, defensive player to gets big SH minutes. Decent passer but nothing special, good enough on the offensive side that opponents have to at least respect him in that regard.

cobra427

May 6, 2012

He has been a decent bottom pair D and pretty good on the PK. He is definitely and NHL D man, much better then Runblad. Has some upside to be a 3/4 D in a few years.

moose vasko

Mar 3, 2011
Good solid defender. I think he could be a be a top-4 guy if paired with good RH PMD. Otherwise, probably bottom pairing, defensive player to gets big SH minutes. Decent passer but nothing special, good enough on the offensive side that opponents have to at least respect him in that regard.

He has been a decent bottom pair D and pretty good on the PK. He is definitely and NHL D man, much better then Runblad. Has some upside to be a 3/4 D in a few years.

Kind of what I was expecting to hear. I like Dahlbeck. It was a smart deal for you guys.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Would a dahlbeck comparison be someone like zbynek Michalek?

No. He has a physicality to his game. He's heavy but mobile too. Not as offensive as we would like but has a above average defensive game.

Just a note he was a great add in the Vermeer deal.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
No. He has a physicality to his game. He's heavy but mobile too. Not as offensive as we would like but has a above average defensive game.

Just a note he was a great add in the Vermeer deal.

Which nhler would you compare dahlbeck to?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad