Klas Dahlbeck

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I choose to ignore posters that are labeling a kid when he has played fewer games than Lessio, and plenty of them at less than 100%. People are so spoiled by players like Karlsson and OEL that just jump right in. Like, you realize Dahlbeck is a 91 and Gormley a 92? And that Santa is just now getting another cup o coffee in the show.

Ridiculous.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
I choose to ignore posters that are labeling a kid when he has played fewer games than Lessio, and plenty of them at less than 100%. People are so spoiled by players like Karlsson and OEL that just jump right in. Like, you realize Dahlbeck is a 91 and Gormley a 92? And that Santa is just now getting another cup o coffee in the show.

Ridiculous.

Pretty much. Most forwards aren't even established by 22.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Tell that to Loui Eriksson. Tippett also sent down Rieder and played Moss, Chip, Klink, and his other garbage vets instead. It wasn't until injuries absolutely forced him to, that Tippett finally threw Rieder in the line-up.

Why should Campbell be playing? He's a 28 year old vet, who's arguably worse than a young player who needs development time in the NHL. If a player isn't going to be in the picture 2 or 3 years, there's no reason they should even be playing at this point of the season.

Does Tip need to play him so we can squeeze an extra point or two for our playoff drive?

Why is Campbell playing? Maybe management want to see if he can maintain his current level of play. If he can't, he will sit and someone else will play.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Tell that to Loui Eriksson. Tippett also sent down Rieder and played Moss, Chip, Klink, and his other garbage vets instead. It wasn't until injuries absolutely forced him to, that Tippett finally threw Rieder in the line-up.

Why should Campbell be playing? He's a 28 year old vet, who's arguably worse than a young player who needs development time in the NHL. If a player isn't going to be in the picture 2 or 3 years, there's no reason they should even be playing at this point of the season.

Does Tip need to play him so we can squeeze an extra point or two for our playoff drive?
Exactly.
Gormley is the poster boy for bad pinches and getting beat on the outside.
Getting beat outside yes, for bad pinches Campbell is way worse. Also a rookie mistake by a rookie is expected, rookie mistakes from a 27 year old not so much.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Exactly.

Getting beat outside yes, for bad pinches Campbell is way worse. Also a rookie mistake by a rookie is expected, rookie mistakes from a 27 year old not so much.

I have said it more than once that I would love for Gormley to show us why he was drafted high.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Campbell's current level of play is awful, so if he can maintain it, he should have a nice spot in the AHL next year. :laugh:

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I have said it more than once that I would love for Gormley to show us why he was drafted high.

As would I, I'd also like him to get an opportunity to do so, especially when a player in his place is a 27 year old career ahl dman.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I remember a few years ago a lot of people around here wanted to trade Yandle because Gormley was just as good and could easily replace him. :biglaugh:

While those people were clearly on the HF prospect crack, it is surprising how little he's progressed at this point. That said he's still young and inexperienced, I won't be even the slightest bit surprised if still ends up a solid top 4 defenseman. Time will tell, hopefully a full year with the club next season will have us witnessing him taking that next step.

I think people overestimated his offense. In the GDT after one of his first games back I remember people saying Gormley was fine, but invisible. He didn't do anything flashy, but he didn't do anything wrong. Well, that's kind of his game.

Gormley won't wow you. He's not going to fly down the ice like Yandle and OEL. He's probably not going to put too many people on their ass. He's going to make smart plays and make what could have become a scary situation seem like a routine play. His offense will come, but he'll never be dynamic. That's what I think Gormley is.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
It's really interesting to hear that DM got several "surprising" offers for Dahlbeck as soon as he acquired him. CHI fans didn't seem to hold him in the highest regard but from what you guys said, he looked really good out there which is great to see.

He and Moore seem like bigger more physical guys who can still play, so thats good I feel.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
I'm half asleep right now but is it possible that Rundblad helped us land Santa? Rundblad took up a roster spot that could have been Dahlbeck's spot. Since Chicago had Rundblad with more experience they chose to play him instead of Dahlbeck. Thus Dahlbeck was an odd man out and an easy dump for Chicago.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
I'm half asleep right now but is it possible that Rundblad helped us land Santa? Rundblad took up a roster spot that could have been Dahlbeck's spot. Since Chicago had Rundblad with more experience they chose to play him instead of Dahlbeck. Thus Dahlbeck was an odd man out and an easy dump for Chicago.

Rundblad is RH so I dunno about that, possible though.

Would be nice if Dahlbeck could play the right side, would give a lot more flexibility. The left side is getting pretty crowded

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Rundblad is RH so I dunno about that, possible though.

Would be nice if Dahlbeck could play the right side, would give a lot more flexibility. The left side is getting pretty crowded

Speaking of Runblad........oops.....SORRY, suppose to be discussing K-L-A-S-S-D-A-H-L-B-E-C-K;)

cobra427

May 6, 2012

Reider played well and earned a permanent spot on the roster, Gormley has not so far. Just because he was a high draft pick, means nothing at this point. Not all draft picks work out and Gormley is one in that category and maybe permanently in it.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
How has he been playing of late guys? I'd like opinions. Will he stick long-term?

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Solid defender in his own zone. I think he's locked down the third-pairing left side for next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad