Klas Dahlbeck

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
A bit later in the season. Could you guys see him as a middle pairing defender? Or strictly bottom pairing?

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Yeah...I'm not sure Dahlbeck is going to be even a bottom pair guy. Just loses his man in the dzone way too much.

Out of the 3 Connauton, Tinordi & Dahlbeck, I like Connauton.

Tinordi hasn't played enough games for me to gauge his level of play over Dahlbeck...so I'd rank them:

Connauton
Dahlbeck
Tinordi

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I like Dahlbeck, but given the comments that the organization sees a long-term role for both Tinordi and KC, I question his future in AZ. When we acquired him, GMDM mentioned that a few teams asked about flipping him. I agree with the above posts that Dahlbeck is a bottom pairing guy. Doesn't have much value on his own but he's a nice add-on in a larger deal.

OEL - XXXX
XXXX - Murphy
Tinordi - Michalek
KConn

That seems to be the basic framework for next year. Would really prefer though to move Michalek and keep Stone.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I like Dahlbeck, but given the comments that the organization sees a long-term role for both Tinordi and KC, I question his future in AZ. When we acquired him, GMDM mentioned that a few teams asked about flipping him. I agree with the above posts that Dahlbeck is a bottom pairing guy. Doesn't have much value on his own but he's a nice add-on in a larger deal.

OEL - XXXX
XXXX - Murphy
Tinordi - Michalek
KConn

That seems to be the basic framework for next year. Would really prefer though to move Michalek and keep Stone.

When KC first came here he played like crap, and I mean crap. What happened to him? To get praise from DT is one big compliment. The only way I see Stone leaving is for a Dman coming back to help run the PP.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
When KC first came here he played like crap, and I mean crap. What happened to him? To get praise from DT is one big compliment. The only way I see Stone leaving is for a Dman coming back to help run the PP.

I see Stone or Murphy traded as part of a package to get an RHD to partner with OEL.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
When KC first came here he played like crap, and I mean crap. What happened to him? To get praise from DT is one big compliment.

He's still not playing great, IMO, but Connauton is playing hella aggressive at both ends of the ice. I think Dahlbeck is stuck between his skill and his assignments and because he's waffling he's looking worse than he is. Connauton's committed to one style of play and, when it works, he scores goals and adds an edge on the back end.

Unfortunately I think that means Dahlbeck is not long for our squad, and that's a shame because I absolutely love his tools.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Unfortunately I think that means Dahlbeck is not long for our squad, and that's a shame because I absolutely love his tools.

On the other hand, we have carried 8 D this year and unless we make a huge move on that front the squad will be about the same quality going into next year. I could easily see them carrying 8 again. I'm sure Maloney would like to make a move but it may not fall into place and we'll end up with another Grossmann level stop gap.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
On the other hand, we have carried 8 D this year and unless we make a huge move on that front the squad will be about the same quality going into next year. I could easily see them carrying 8 again. I'm sure Maloney would like to make a move but it may not fall into place and we'll end up with another Grossmann level stop gap.

We need at a minimum, one off season trade or TDL trade for a 2/3D or one UFA signing for a 2/3D. If we count on Murphy/Stone/Dahlback/Tinordi/Kconn improving enough to fill those rolls, we will be the same team next year, last in GAA. No more Grossman stop gaps, he doesn't even play now on our horrible defensive team.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
If you can only play in one phase of the game, you better be damn good at it. Unfortunately for Klas, he isn't even great in his own zone which is his only zone.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I remember Quenneville really liked Dahlbeck, and Chicago fans were upset losing him. What the **** they talkin bout?!

Well, If they are still interested, I'm sure we could come to a deal to return him to them.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Last year everyone was high on him. It's possible he rebounds. Our defense has been bad all around which makes everyone bad (and don't get me wrong, he's not looked great this year). Playing too high in the lineup makes a solid bottom-pairing guy look poor. I'm not sure Klas IS a solid bottom-pairing guy, but it's still possible.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Last year everyone was high on him. It's possible he rebounds. Our defense has been bad all around which makes everyone bad (and don't get me wrong, he's not looked great this year). Playing too high in the lineup makes a solid bottom-pairing guy look poor. I'm not sure Klas IS a solid bottom-pairing guy, but it's still possible.

I agree. I think he would be fine as a third pairing.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

I'm still holding out hope that Playfair's system is what's making him look bad, but for a guy whose tools still floor me he's really not made good use of them lately. It's too bad because he showed such promise.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I'd say with our returning crew (with a few additions), he's the # 7 or should be playing in the A for an additional season.

OEL - Murphy
?? - Stone
Connauton - Michalek

Dahlbeck, P. Samuelsson

After that: Mayo (RHD), Mermis, and Hache

So we pretty much need to sign 3 roster D-men and a few for the AHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad