Post-Game Talk: KK and the Canes put up 6 and a shared HOF banner for Cam Ward. Habs lose.

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
Better strategy would be replace All the smurfs with Big Skilled players .Stop drafting smurfs.Period.
You realize that Farrel was drafted in the 4th round, RHP in the 7th round those were great drafts for these positions.

But I tend to agree with you regarding drafting small players in the 1st round like we did for Mesar

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I know Gorton and Hughes have stated they want to get bigger but watching a soft team like Carolina manhandle the Habs was embarrassing.
No one did a damn thing when Barron was shoved into the boards.
Anderson did fight the other night but he and our other so called tough guy Edmundson sat and watched Xhekaj fight 10 times this year and neither stepped up to take some of the responsibility from him.
Fighting and tough play is still a big part of hockey and while I am not a fan of fighting I am a fan of hard, tough gritty hockey. Habs may be on their way there but they have a long way to go.
I don't know what you see but Carolina is anything but a soft team. Toughness does not equate fighting. They are a playoff built team, mixtures of skill and size.

As for the Habs, what an over reaction. It's been pointed out in previous responses who depleted from injuries yesterday's lineup. Aside from Caufield, 3D's over 6'2" were missing. Dach, Slaf, and Monahan are also over 6'2".

By my count, that's 6 players not in the lineup that are over 6'2" so size is not an issue with this team.

Hughes is also on record that the team needs to get bigger. Can all the small players play on the top 9? Absolutely not. Caufield for sure. Farrell is a stud - you make room for him on your top 9. RHP, the future will tell but he will have to continually earn his minutes. Small skilled players are important, you just have to make sure they are the right one. Kucherov and Point are both under 6' and are critical to Tampa's success.

Habs are a lot closer than you think but don't let the facts clutter your judgement.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I don't know what you see but Carolina is anything but a soft team. Toughness does not equate fighting. They are a playoff built team, mixtures of skill and size.

As for the Habs, what an over reaction. It's been pointed out in previous responses who depleted from injuries yesterday's lineup. Aside from Caufield, 3D's over 6'2" were missing. Dach, Slaf, and Monahan are also over 6'2".

By my count, that's 6 players not in the lineup that are over 6'2" so size is not an issue with this team.

Hughes is also on record that the team needs to get bigger. Can all the small players play on the top 9? Absolutely no. Caufield for sure. Farrell is a stud - you make room for him on your top 9. RHP, the future will tell but he will have to continually ear his minutes. Small skilled players are important, you just have to make sure they are the right one. Kucherov and Point are both under 6' and are critical to Tampa's success.

Habs are a lot closer than you think but don't let the facts clutter your judgement.
Opinions vary. Condescending posts like yours don't mean a whole lot.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I feel like Anderson is his mind, he's already gone. So he doesn't care about sticking up for his teammates.
That would mean he's been gone mentally since acquired, because I don't remember him sticking to his teammates that much in past year either.

• Haha
Reactions: Kimota

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad