Kitchener Rangers 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Anyone catch what happened to Andanovski? He was playing a lot with Brzustewicz in the first two periods but I don’t think he played a single shift in the third but he was still on the bench.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
They outplayed OS. Goalie made a bunch of good saves and it could have been easily a Ranger win. That’s a lose I don’t mind. Good game.
You have the talent to win on your team.

Absolutely agree, if not for the efforts of an outstanding young goalie, the result would have been much different.

The Attack scored one, then hung on for dear life .

Us Attack fans share your frustration this season.

BTW, the hockey Gods have a way of balancing things out. Carter George's last start, he surrendered one goal ( directed in by his team mate) and lost.

I think you guys are in for a real fun game Sunday .

Reactions: OSattackfan

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Not sure what is going on with the Rangers. Heavily out shooting opponents and can't hardly buy a goal. One issue they have is not going to the net. When they did score they finally had players in front of the net. Nothing wrong with dirty goals. Most goals scored come from scrums in pro hockey now. Those Roger TV analyst really embellished the strength of this powerful Ranger club last night. First they described them as one of the best in the OHL. Then no , make that the CHL. Somebody must of ate a few of those marijuana gummies me thinks before coming on the air. Looking at the stats the Rangers have 2 players up around the 70 point mark in the league. Then it drops down to the 40s for the next couple of players. To put it in perspective a bunch of teams in the bottom half of the stats have basically around the same or better record in the point standings. If the Rangers were as great as some make out they wouldn't be fighting for a play off position. In stead of eating chips and cheezies tomorrow I might try a gummy before the game. Kidding. I won't eat chips.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230225-090921_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230225-090921_Facebook.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Ward Cornell

Billyjack

Aug 25, 2018
Kitchener -Waterloo
I really hope this team misses the playoffs unless they meet London. Love to see that series win or lose, make all those annoying little London fans nervous. I really think we could beat London if Constantini gets hot at the right time. I was at that game 7 in London last year and boy would I like to experience that again. It would sure shrink a lot of Knights fans heads LOL. I think Windsor or Sarnia would be 4 and done. But we shall see.

Reactions: Habsrule

Gondrex

Apr 10, 2017
I really hope this team misses the playoffs unless they meet London. Love to see that series win or lose, make all those annoying little London fans nervous. I really think we could beat London if Constantini gets hot at the right time. I was at that game 7 in London last year and boy would I like to experience that again. It would sure shrink a lot of Knights fans heads LOL. I think Windsor or Sarnia would be 4 and done. But we shall see.

On paper one surely would think it would be one heck of a series. However, I guess for some reason Petezian was the difference-maker comparing the performance of this team vs last season (????....perhaps a bit of sarcasm, but yet still a head-scratcher). Quite honestly though, the way this team plays game in - game out, IMO London fans would only consider this match-up a minor concern.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
On paper one surely would think it would be one heck of a series. However, I guess for some reason Petezian was the difference-maker comparing the performance of this team vs last season (????....perhaps a bit of sarcasm, but yet still a head-scratcher). Quite honestly though, the way this team plays game in - game out, IMO London fans would only consider this match-up a minor concern.
Last year Pavel Cajan was solid in net. Petizian was a difference maker. He could score in scrums and make solid plays that were dangerous. This year I am not totally sold our goalies can steal a game never mind a series. I think the players MM brought were the bright spots last night but it's wasn't enough to turn the tide. Still when you look at last years roster and think it would improve enough to go for it this season that was stretch at best. Still think MM made an error in judgment. Too late. Spilled milk. We have been waiting for a miracle all season. Doubt it will happen if they make the post season.

Reactions: Gondrex

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I would swap Martin and Mesar in the lineup.

I get having a top line of all big players is a good thing for the playoffs but they need to get Mesar going again. Mesar has been setting up Rehkopf and Sop with some good scoring opportunities and they have not capitalized on them. Put him with Pinelli and Arcuri and stack that top line.

Mar 12, 2009
I would swap Martin and Mesar in the lineup.

I get having a top line of all big players is a good thing for the playoffs but they need to get Mesar going again. Mesar has been setting up Rehkopf and Sop with some good scoring opportunities and they have not capitalized on them. Put him with Pinelli and Arcuri and stack that top line.
the other night Rehkopf set Mesar up a couple times and he couldn't bury it either. This team routinely fails to execute when they do make good set up plays.

They get more practice bagging groceries (the latest community outreach idea that looks good but is ultimately meaningless outside of good PR for the team and Zehrs locations) than bagging pucks in the back of the net.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
The Attack goalie is a 16 year old call up from St. Mary's. One would think this so called stacked Ranger team could put a few past him. Not the case. Bragging about the number of shots on goal after losses doesn't mean a damn thing. Especially when the opponents are putting up two third s of the shots and winning. I am sure the players are more frustrated than any fan. MM certainly hasn't proven he has what it takes to turn the team around. Probably the best thing that could happen is they miss the play offs and win the lottery.

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Anyone catch what happened to Andanovski? He was playing a lot with Brzustewicz in the first two periods but I don’t think he played a single shift in the third but he was still on the bench.
Looks like he is penciled in for today's game.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
One issue that particularly stands out with this Rangers squad is they have no real answer to intimidation. Big Attack forward 6'6" 220 pound Kaleb Lawrence jumped Hollett and pounded him. Later he gave Moore a poke in the face behind the net. Just smiles at them knowing there won't be a response. Farwell and Pope were going on pre-game about the Soo OA forward Kalvyn Watson pounding rookie Morey for hitting their captain wondering if he would answer it in yesterdays tilt. Morey hasn't played since. They watch every game and still think the Rangers have a physical edge? The Soo has no issue with having a couple of physical type players on the roster. They have Conner Clattenburg with 99 PIMs. Trade the penalty minute leader Savard to Barrie. 114 PIMs. Pinelli will fight but the team needs him playing and he must be close to the limit. Not advocating fighting here but sometimes it good to have someone on the bench the opposing team knows they have to answer to if they act out. Rangers described Duco as a bull in a china shop when they drafted him. Said he would be a fan favourite. Other than maybe Andonovski who doesn't fight that much they seem to shy away from these players now.

Last edited:
Reactions: EvenSteven

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
One issue that particularly stands out with this Rangers squad is they have no real answer to intimidation. Big Attack forward 6'6" 220 pound Kaleb Lawrence jumped Hollett and pounded him. Later he gave Moore a poke in the face behind the net. Just smiles at them knowing there won't be a response. Farwell and Pope were going on pre-game about the Soo OA forward Kalvyn Watson pounding rookie Morey for hitting their captain wondering if he would answer it in yesterdays tilt. Morey hasn't played since. They watch every game and still think the Rangers have a physical edge? The Soo has no issue with having a couple of physical type players on the roster. They have Conner Clattenburg with 99 PIMs. Trade the penalty minute leader Savard to Barrie. 114 PIMs. Pinelli will fight but the team needs him playing and he must be close to the limit. Not advocating fighting here but sometimes it good to have someone on the bench the opposing team knows they have to answer to if they act out. Rangers described Duco as a bull in a china shop when they drafted him. Said he would be a fan favourite. Other than maybe Andonovski who doesn't fight that much they seem to shy away from these players now.

This just makes me miss the Deboer days even more. In his 7 years he coached in Kitchener he had these players who would drop the gloves;

Richards, Kanko, Amodeo, Policelli, Eason, Harrison, Kinkel, Keefe, Campbell, Clarkson, Valabik, Lashoff, Fraser, Duco, Pepe, Soso, Mascioli, Mashinter, Borruzzo

Now I know that the game is not nearly as physical today as what it was back then but Kitchener always had that physical side to their game.

Reactions: rangersblues

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Aaaaah!.......and those wonderful 80's where you had 50 goal guys such as Wayne Presley and David Bruce who never backed down from a fight. Just for fun........

Wayne Presley
1983‑84Kitchener RangersOHL706376139156

David Bruce
1983‑84Kitchener RangersOHL62524092203

What a great year! Um, that last column is "penalty minutes".

Reactions: Ward Cornell

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
This just makes me miss the Deboer days even more. In his 7 years he coached in Kitchener he had these players who would drop the gloves;

Richards, Kanko, Amodeo, Policelli, Eason, Harrison, Kinkel, Keefe, Campbell, Clarkson, Valabik, Lashoff, Fraser, Duco, Pepe, Soso, Mascioli, Mashinter, Borruzzo

Now I know that the game is not nearly as physical today as what it was back then but Kitchener always had that physical side to their game.
Just reading those name brings a tear to my old Irish eyes. Those players had character, grit and skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad