Kitchener Rangers 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
I don't know about other regions but everyone who had been double dosed has proof of this. In fact, we were told to hold onto it as verification at Boardwalk. It's our "certificate" as far as I'm concerned. If this is required to get in, I'll show it. Not a biggie.
Vaccine Certificates is more than just the piece of paper. It's also a policy that enables the province to go to the next step by allowing an increase in attendance at indoor events and essentially allowing for the final phase of full reopening. It is good for the economy and allows our health care system to not be over run and keeping people safe.

We will be stuck at 1000 fans until we are fully reopened - with or without proof of vaccinations. A Vaccine Certificates policy could allow us to get beyond where we are and in a safe manner. Health Units do NOT have the ability to enact this policy. The province choses not to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tim Wallach

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Vaccine Certificates is more than just the piece of paper. It's also a policy that enables the province to go to the next step by allowing an increase in attendance at indoor events and essentially allowing for the final phase of full reopening. It is good for the economy and allows our health care system to not be over run.

We will be stuck at 1000 fans until we are fully reopened - with or without proof of vaccinations. A Vaccine Certificates policy could allow us to get beyond where we are and in a safe manner. Health Units do NOT have the ability to enact this policy. The province choses not to.
I believe health units have the ability to recommend proof of vaccinations for municipally owned buildings, and it's up to the city to put the motion in place. Just as it was with the masks mandates, before there was a Province wide mandate, municipalities were putting in their own mask mandates. However the capacity at the venue would be a Provincial decision. The province could look at each venue by region though.

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
I believe health units have the ability to recommend proof of vaccinations for municipally owned buildings, and it's up to the city to put the motion in place. Just as it was with the masks mandates, before there was a Province wide mandate, municipalities were putting in their own mask mandates. However the capacity at the venue would be a Provincial decision. The province could look at each venue by region though.
Proof of vaccinations doesn't mean jack alone. The Health Science Table isn't disputing that the present policy isn't safe enough. What they were talking about yesterday was putting a policy in place that would allow places to increase capacity by having mandatory vaccination to allow admittance. I guess however you want to prove you are vaccinated is inconsequential.

I think the province has already set their attendance policy. They aren't going to go from facility to facility to add a few hundred capacity.

Last edited:

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Proof of vaccinations doesn't mean jack alone. The Health Science Table isn't disputing that the present policy isn't safe enough. What they were talking about yesterday was putting a policy in place that would allow places to increase capacity by having mandatory vaccination to allow admittance. I guess however you want to prove you are vaccinated is inconsequential.

I think the province has already set their attendance policy. They aren't going to go from facility to facility to add a few hundred capacity.
When you have a province that is 98% resolved (97.6% in WR) and vaccination numbers that continue to rise, it is only a matter of time when policies will change for more and more to restrictions to open up.

Reactions: Ward Cornell

Otto

as they should be doing with an ever changing virus and vaccine rollout!
I don't necessarily disagree, but it's how they are doing it. Completely ignoring the science table (that the province has assembled) and saying "no" one day and doing the completely opposite the next like they did when they said that we wouldn't be entering stage 3 earlier than originally stated... They seem to be changing it less because of the science and more because of public opinion.

Otto

When you have a province that is 98% resolved (97.6% in WR) and vaccination numbers that continue to rise, it is only a matter of time when policies will change for more and more to restrictions to open up.
80% of 12+ with at least one dose and 75% fully vaccinated is the threshold that they have stated.

We hit over 80% first dose today

upload_2021-7-23_10-59-31.png

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Vaccination numbers are stalled. New variants are developing. I guess we have to hope this is eventually good enough if we're not willing to do anything else.

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
That and gov’t issued photo (health/driver’s) id is all that is needed. Spending millions on a new form of id is silly.

I have those, too. However, the problem with those, as has been stated in the media, is that they are easily forged. Even an oldster like myself can load one into Photoshop, change the name and click print.

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
That’s not good news for CHL hockey. For us in Kitchener, we’d likely lose Sebrango.

Not seeing Sebrango will suck. And it REALLY sucks not sending off all the other players we have enjoyed watching over the last couple of years. Yantsis, Meireles (Though WHAT a final game!) Hawel, that whole class.......No bye to Damiani and those OA's.......and now Sebrango.

I know it will be next to impossible to assemble these guys for one night and bring them back to Kitchener, but that would sure be a great promo! Perhaps one game at a time?

Reactions: JoelKRangers

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I have those, too. However, the problem with those, as has been stated in the media, is that they are easily forged. Even an oldster like myself can load one into Photoshop, change the name and click print.

there’s bound to be a few cool kids among the 20% unvaccinated. I’m not sure it’s worth the millions it would cost for gov’t issued cards that some one would steal and fake if somehow worth the effort

Last edited:

Medway Bear

Sep 8, 2011
I don't know about other regions but everyone who had been double dosed has proof of this. In fact, we were told to hold onto it as verification at Boardwalk. It's our "certificate" as far as I'm concerned. If this is required to get in, I'll show it. Not a biggie.

A bit of time and photoshop you can produce these. Not really a certificate even if you require a photo id as well.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
...dealing with the ever changing variants.
Despite the variants, WR continues to have more resolved than new cases have always resolved by way over 95%. All these "school outbreaks" and all of them resolved. All cases in WR in over 18 months represent 2.8% of the population. And the Delta variant is more transmissible but not necessarily more "deadly". Let's keep those vaccinations coming and move on.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Pinelli not chosen in round one. Hoping my Habs would have taken him had he been available at #31. A couple mock drafts had him going 31st to Montreal.

Instead? For the Habs? Ugh!!!
Back to hockey....I can't believe that Pinelli did not go first round! BUT he should look to Damiani who went 137th in his draft year and then went on to be the AHL rookie of the year. Some team is going to get a dynamic should-have-been-first-round player in the 2nd round.....surely!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad