Kitchener Rangers 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Does anyone know if a spring rookie camp is scheduled as per pre-covid let alone that rookie tourney at Activa mid summer?

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
Harper has improved. He made a really good play entering the zone and getting the shot off so Petizian could score the series winner vs London. I think a lot of his mistakes are due to inexperience; I don't think he got a lot of ice in Guelph.

Windsor threw some big hits last night. That was usually when we got ourselves in trouble. Battled to the end though.
And he continues to show his worth down the line. That's now 2 GWG he has been part of in important games. Always risky seeing your D go that deep, but he looked like he had done that move behind the net a million times.

Last edited:

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
And he continues to show his worth down the line. That's now 2 GWG he has been part of in important games. Always risky seeing your D go that deep, but he looked like he had done that move behind the net a million times.
Serpa and Valade are locks as very good to elite OA candidates for next year. Harper wasn’t really in the conversation but lately, he has been playing good enough to get serious consideration as the 3rd OA.

Of course, should MM attempt to contend next year, Harper could be improved upon if he isn’t up to snuff into December. But he’s certainly making a case to at least start the season as the 3rd OA.

He could at least maybe provide what Nolet has been giving us this year?

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
Hoping for a fun and exciting game tonight! Besides that 0-3 start to game 3 against London, Rangers have been pretty steady at home. Looks like an ok crowd based off tickets sold. I don't think we will ever see a Friday night game these playoffs so this will be a pretty familiar crowd moving forward.

Also, love to see the fan bus back for game 5!

Last edited:
Reactions: rangersblues

Tyler8525

May 16, 2011
That was the most disappointing thing I have ever seen. Nothing positive to takeaway from tonight hoping for a much much much different result Thursday

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Not the best effort tonight but we'll move on to Thursday.

One concern I'm beginning to have is our line changes on the fly. Two too many men penalties in game 7 vs London. Tonight around 7:30 left in the first we only had 4 men on the ice. Shouldn't be happening in game 78.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Not the best effort tonight but we'll move on to Thursday.

One concern I'm beginning to have is our line changes on the fly. Two too many men penalties in game 7 vs London. Tonight around 7:30 left in the first we only had 4 men on the ice. Shouldn't be happening in game 78.
Another concern:

We need to rethink our PP zone entries. The Spits are leaving a forward outside the blue line to scoot behind the puck carrier as he drops it back to the trailer. This didn’t happen in the first round but Windsor is going it now.

We have to address that. One shorty is enough this round.

Reactions: rangersblues and K2

Matttheleaf

Apr 18, 2019
I'm heading to the game again tonight. What is the best spot for Rangers fans to get dinner and a beer beforehand?
If you are coming from Guelph and will be heading down Victoria street, then there are plenty of restaurant options that you can stop at before you get to the Aud.

K2

Jun 11, 2015
Like TheAud said, Moose and Strykers.
Agreed. I always liked The Bent Elbow on Weber and The Whale & Ale + Rustico's Patio on Victoria too, though its been a while!

Such an amazing day today, there should be a tailgate scene at the Aud though I'm not sure what sort of welcome to expect for that.

Brad Palmer

Sep 21, 2012
Agreed. I always liked The Bent Elbow on Weber and The Whale & Ale + Rustico's Patio on Victoria too, though its been a while!

Such an amazing day today, there should be a tailgate scene at the Aud though I'm not sure what sort of welcome to expect for that.
You absolutely nailed it with these three

Reactions: K2

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
We're young and it has shown at times. We haven't been able to control Cuylle and Johnson. We got a little fortunate with Evangalista vs London who just couldn't seem to finish for much of that series. They're gaining a lot of experience what it takes to win in the playoffs and hopefully it pays dividends next season.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
We're young and it has shown at times. We haven't been able to control Cuylle and Johnson. We got a little fortunate with Evangalista vs London who just couldn't seem to finish for much of that series. They're gaining a lot of experience what it takes to win in the playoffs and hopefully it pays dividends next season.
The difference between Cuylle/Johnston and Evangelista/Stranges is that the London guys tried to be too pretty all the time. Through the legs dipsy doodle when there was no need to only to wind up blowing chances. The Windsor guys, not so much.

The London guys will have to learn to play the right way at the next level. I believe they were exposed vs Kitchener down the stretch and in the playoffs - especially Evangelista.

But, we also didn’t get the goaltending we did in the first round. Not really.

I agree though, great for the kids to get the experience. And they didn’t ride the pines either. They all saw a decent minutes. That’ll go far down the road.

Give Parsons the start Saturday. He’s our future. And the future is bright between the pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad