Kitchener Rangers 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Has a 1st round NHL pick ever gone for less than a struggling 18 year old import, a single 2nd and 2 3rds? Not trolling, I'm genuinely asking

My comment was that it was not a small return. With the exception of the most desired OA D on the market, returns on trades are down this season; that price for an import which is arguably more difficult to move than OAs, is the most paid for any forward this far I think.

section15

Dec 5, 2018
The Kitchener Rangers have traded forward Declan McDonnell to the Barrie Colts. Barrie also acquires Kitcheners 2nd round pick in 2025 Conditional, and 4th round pick in 2025 Conditional.
In exchange, the Rangers will receive the rights to Hunter Brzustewicz, and Barrie’s 4th round pick in 2023, Barries 2nd round pick in 2023 Conditional, and Barries 3rd round pick in 2025 Conditional.
The Kitchener Rangers wish Declan all the best with The Barrie Colts.
“We wish Declan nothing but the best of luck in Barrie. This was an extremely difficult decision. Declan embodies what it means to be a Ranger and play Rangers hockey. We will miss him on and off the ice.”- General Manager and Head Coach, Mike McKenzie​

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
The Kitchener Rangers have traded forward Declan McDonnell to the Barrie Colts. Barrie also acquires Kitcheners 2nd round pick in 2025 Conditional, and 4th round pick in 2025 Conditional.
In exchange, the Rangers will receive the rights to Hunter Brzustewicz, and Barrie’s 4th round pick in 2023, Barries 2nd round pick in 2023 Conditional, and Barries 3rd round pick in 2025 Conditional.
The Kitchener Rangers wish Declan all the best with The Barrie Colts.
“We wish Declan nothing but the best of luck in Barrie. This was an extremely difficult decision. Declan embodies what it means to be a Ranger and play Rangers hockey. We will miss him on and off the ice.”- General Manager and Head Coach, Mike McKenzie​

Ok. Any idea on the conditions all around?

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
So MM feels he can lure Brzustewicz here for 2022-23 OR he knows he can??

MM did declare that he was going to get a D. Not "I'm going to get a chance at a D".

Reactions: EvenSteven

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
Would have to believe he knows he will come to the rangers or you simply trade Declan for a bunch of picks straight up.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
So MM feels he can lure Brzustewicz here for 2022-23 OR he knows he can??

MM did declare that he was going to get a D. Not "I'm going to get a chance at a D".

When asked about only having six D on the roster, his quote was that “we have a D coming”.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
BROWN today after noting the McDonnell trade:

The Rangers continue their hunt for a rearguard. The club is down to six with Xhekaj in the Hammer, which is not sustainable. This is a good time to mention that 2020 fourth-round pick George Fegaras has 25 points in 32 games for the North York Rangers. I mean, technically, he already play for the Rangers.

Reactions: JoelKRangers

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
BROWN today after noting the McDonnell trade:

The Rangers continue their hunt for a rearguard. The club is down to six with Xhekaj in the Hammer, which is not sustainable. This is a good time to mention that 2020 fourth-round pick George Fegaras has 25 points in 32 games for the North York Rangers. I mean, technically, he already play for the Rangers.

I guess we can read into this that Hunter B won’t be here until September at the earliest?

K2

Jun 11, 2015
Would have to believe he knows he will come to the rangers or you simply trade Declan for a bunch of picks straight up.

If nothing else happens we got a 4th for Declan which is a pretty light return IMO.

It appears Brzustewicz hasn't played in the last 3 US U18 games so perhaps there's some indicator of something ;) For Brzustewicz to be a total 'moonshot' for OHL play until now sure suggests that MM is onto something.

Last edited:

Box Score Watcher

Nov 13, 2021
If nothing else happens we got a 4th for Declan which is a pretty light return IMO. It appears Brzustewicz hasn't played in the last 3 US U18 games so perhaps there's some indicator of something ;)
I don’t believe that will be the case. If the player doesn’t report, Kitchener would get those conditional picks as well as the 4th. I’d assume it’s either all the picks, or the player and the single 4th rounder coming Kitcheners way in the end

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I don’t believe that will be the case. If the player doesn’t report, Kitchener would get those conditional picks as well as the 4th. I’d assume it’s either all the picks, or the player and the single 4th rounder coming Kitcheners way in the end

It's reasonable to think that if McDonnell doesn't return and Brzustewicz doesn't report, that the Rangers will only receive a 4th round pick.

It's a gamble, but McKenzie has a pretty good track record of convincing Americans to report and it could pay off big.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009

All the conditions need to be spelled out before we really know.

Reactions: K2

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
There are a lot of “if‘s” regarding Hunter B and Fegaras, so I’m getting ahead of myself.
But going into 22–23, if we have both of these guys on the roster, and McDonnell plays an OA season, we’ll be in great shape to contend next year.

Box Score Watcher

Nov 13, 2021
It's reasonable to think that if McDonnell doesn't return and Brzustewicz doesn't report, that the Rangers will only receive a 4th round pick.

It's a gamble, but McKenzie has a pretty good track record of convincing Americans to report and it could pay off big.
I’m assuming the conditional picks are based on him reporting or not. He doesn’t report, Kitchener gets the picks. I can’t see a situation where Kitchener only receives that 4th round pick.

He reports, Kitchener gets him and the 4th. He doesn’t report, Kitchener gets the 4th and the conditionals

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I’m assuming the conditional picks are based on him reporting or not. He doesn’t report, Kitchener gets the picks. I can’t see a situation where Kitchener only receives that 4th round pick.

He reports, Kitchener gets him and the 4th. He doesn’t report, Kitchener gets the 4th and the conditionals

So there would be no conditions on McDonnell returning? That strikes me as being rather unusual for a player like him.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
The conditional picks going back to Barrie would be based on McDonnell returning (again, I’m just assuming)

That's a possibility, but that still means the Rangers would be left with just a 4th round pick (and a couple of pick swaps) if McDonnell doesn't return and Brzustewicz doesn't report.

It's kind of the same thing I guessed, but backwards.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
If all conditions are met, the 2nds and 4ths cancel each other out and the deal is McDonnell for Hunter B and a 3rd.

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
If MM can get both Hunter B and Cutter Gauthier to report next year along with the two imports. We could have quite the team

moose311

Dec 30, 2015
Brown's Game Day piece has conditions listed:

- The 2nd round pick to Kitchener kicks in if the OHL plays one playoff game (presumably this season) or if McDonnell plays an OA year.
- The 3rd round pick kicks in if McDonnell plays an OA year.
- The picks sent to Barrie are conditional on Brzustewicz reporting to Kitchener.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad