Kitchener Rangers 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
@PeterKneulman on twitter has video. Arber needs a break. I love the hard style, but this is getting to be too much.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
@PeterKneulman on twitter has video. Arber needs a break. I love the hard style, but this is getting to be too much.
That's pretty nasty
Knuelman says automatic 2,more could be tacked on by league.
I could see 5 and wouldn't be shocked.
Very dangerous action imo
Video pretty damaging evidence.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
That's NOT hard style. It's dirty and stupid and selfish.

I have cut him a lot of slack up to now but Arber clearly has issues that need to be addressed for his own good. It may go beyond the 5 games the league gave him for a suspension.

Last edited:
Reactions: EvenSteven

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
OK....watched this a bunch of times. I see Xhekaj shove but can't see the slew foot because of players blocking the view. Ref obviously saw it and perhaps, we have some fans over on that side that saw it?

Not that it matters. Xhekaj's gone for the next 5 games...

Last edited:

Matttheleaf

Apr 18, 2019
OK....watched this a bunch of times. I see Xhekaj shove but can't see the slew foot because of players blocking the view. Ref obviously saw it and perhaps, we have some fans over on that side that saw it?

I was sitting in section 20 up in the Reds I didn't get a full view but it looked more like a shove from the front and while looking at the video its hard to fully see but I personally don't see a leg swinging through the back of the Soo player.

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener

Yeah, I can't see the slew foot but in bad taste either way.

Mar 12, 2009
The next 5 games should give them space to see what Hollet is or can be. Right now looking like a 5-6D that I'd maybe rather Andonovski play over because he'll be around longer, but he also hasn't had a lot of ice time. If he doesn't show anything in the next 5, prioritize younger guys ice over his imo.

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
The “Sheriff” better hope there’s video from different angles that helps in his favour because based on that video alone, he’ll get the book thrown at him. (Edit 5 games)

Too bad because he had a hell of a game to that point. He had me fooled.

This reminds me of Domi on Niedermayer from years ago. Domi was having a hell of a game but couldn’t resist the cheap shot on Niedermayer near the end. This is not anywhere near the same injury or magnitude, but it’s the first thing I thought of last night.

Reactions: BehindSooNet

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
The “Sheriff” better hope there’s video from different angles that helps in his favour because based on that video alone, he’ll get the book thrown at him. (Edit 5 games)

Too bad because he had a hell of a game to that point. He had me fooled.

This reminds me of Domi on Niedermayer from years ago. Domi was having a hell of a game but couldn’t resist the cheap shot on Niedermayer near the end. This is not anywhere near the same injury or magnitude, but it’s the first thing I thought of last night.

Sounds like there was no injury according to the Soo Board. It looks like it was payback to O'Rourke who gave Martin a bit of a cheap shot earlier in the period.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
The next 5 games should give them space to see what Hollet is or can be. Right now looking like a 5-6D that I'd maybe rather Andonovski play over because he'll be around longer, but he also hasn't had a lot of ice time. If he doesn't show anything in the next 5, prioritize younger guys ice over his imo.
Adonovski looked good in the Windsor game and assisted on two. He's going to get some time now!

Reactions: EvenSteven and K2

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
SO no Motew.....lower body....it was a knee that happened early in the first period. MM says could be weeks. Not good for Motew OR the Rangers. MM has his work cut out for him with two experienced D out. Is Fergaras old enough to add ? Please....no forward back on D...

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Interesting indeed. Does it depend on "who" does it.......?

upload_2021-10-31_7-52-20.png

K2

Jun 11, 2015
Interesting indeed. Does it depend on "who" does it.......?

D'Amato was called on a play in the first 2 minutes and in real time it looked to be incidental or a tripping/? minor. Call was confirmed/elevated upon lengthy iPad review and a couple frames look damning in isolation. I presume the league review questioned the call accuracy and negated the automatic 2 games.

Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 8.52.02 AM.png

AX's 'slew' was definitely a malicious takedown away from the puck in the last second. While the broadcast replay is obscured, not capturing the definitive slew foot, it's probable and the Ref seems to be in position to see the play. AX doesn't qualify for any suspension discounts and MM didn't express any disagreement with the league and goes on to suggest that the susp will help AX 'find the line' in Sat's 570 pregame interview.

Sounds like there was no injury according to the Soo Board.

Thankfully - O'Rourke went down like he was shot, going full fetal & writhing in agony but was quickly revived by the whistle and popped right up smiling away while celebrating the win then was last to leave the ice after seeing everyone off.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirty12

03HockeyFan

Mar 5, 2019
SO no Motew.....lower body....it was a knee that happened early in the first period. MM says could be weeks. Not good for Motew OR the Rangers. MM has his work cut out for him with two experienced D out. Is Fergaras old enough to add ? Please....no forward back on D...

Fegaras just committed to Cornell. There is zero chance he will play in the OHL.

North Bay knew exactly what they were doing when they traded Hollett. Rangers on the wrong side of the trade.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
I'm unsure why anyone is even attempting to justify or even excuse Xhekaj in any manner. It was an incredibly stupid, selfish and dangerous play that happened when the game was over. He's lucky to have gotten only 5 games.

There's a lot bigger issues here than a 5 game suspension early in the season.

K2

Jun 11, 2015
North Bay knew exactly what they were doing when they traded Hollett. Rangers on the wrong side of the trade.

Well, maybe but he's certainly more useful to us right now than the unknown 11 year old potential OHL skater we gave up.

Fegaras just committed to Cornell. There is zero chance he will play in the OHL.

GF will need to be both a superstar academic and athlete to be accepted and even if he's admitted as borderline, he'll still need to be a strong academic to last a semester. No athletic scholarships too so going there might leave Mom & Dad ponying up about $80,000+ a year as well.

He's lucky to have gotten only 5 games.

Agreed. I suspect that had O'Rourke been at all hurt it would be double as it will be should there be a next time. I'll side with MM who thinks that Arber will learn his lesson after serving the time and I'm sure he's getting help.

Last edited:

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
On a completely unrelated note to Xhekaj and Motew, what's up with Valade? Doesn't look like he's progressed much since we saw him as a 17 year old. As I've mentioned before he's shown the speed in bursts. But he's still easy to knock off the puck as ever, feels like he gets a good chance or 2 every game where he fires it high and wide. He's been passed on the depth chart by Serpa. Started on PP1, but both Serpa and Schmidt have got looks in there over him.

I know that 2nd line has had a rough go given that they don't really have a true 6th forward for the top 6. Hopefully that's all it is, but I was excited to see Reid come back as a 19 year old with a big role. So far, no bueno.

03HockeyFan

Mar 5, 2019
GF is a solid student and attends one of the best high schools in Ontario. He has a team in the USHL lined up for next season and will join Big Red in the fall of 2023.

He is not going to play for Kitchener.

Reactions: K2

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
GF is a solid student and attends one of the best high schools in Ontario. He has a team in the USHL lined up for next season and will join Big Red in the fall of 2023.

He is not going to play for Kitchener.

Rangers have a solid education program. If he's all that about the USHL, go for it. As a Rangers fan, I only want players who actually want to play here. All the best to him.

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Not expecting them to, but it's interesting O'Rourke was eligible and sent back. His game imo is slightly more suited to pro right now than Sebrango. Fingers crossed.

I was just thinking "sarcastically" that maybe Grand Rapids might "loan" us Sebrango. LOL! But if his minutes are truly dwindling, perhaps it is in the cards? But realistically, if this happened, he would probably go the the World Juniors and THEN join the Rangers. And at that point, he would definitely be someone who would restock our draft picks in a trade.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
I was just thinking "sarcastically" that maybe Grand Rapids might "loan" us Sebrango. LOL! But if his minutes are truly dwindling, perhaps it is in the cards? But realistically, if this happened, he would probably go the the World Juniors and THEN join the Rangers. And at that point, he would definitely be someone who would restock our draft picks in a trade.

If Sebrango’s back I think they have to go all in. Based on how this seasons gone, I’m not sold on McDonnell coming back as an OA, Nolet, Xhekaj and Petizian gone. Cajan would be an OA and import, so that’s something they’d have to make a decision on. That’s 2 of their top 4 D, 2 of the top 4/5 forwards and maybe their starting goalie. They’ve got LeBlanc, Rehkopf coming up and maybe Mesar joining, but I don’t think that makes them any better than this year, especially if Sebrango comes back this year.

Reactions: dirty12 and nelli27

K2

Jun 11, 2015

Good for him. It's a great school & a fun town, I played there decades ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad