Kitchener Rangers 2016-17 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Missassauga would not do a trade like that, IMO. Hague is the highest ranked D in the OHL for this year's NHL draft, and a core player for the steelheads. He may hold more value than Bracco. He must have similar or more value than Tippett considering a top D is hard to acquire. Miss is definitely in on this year's playoff; yet, they 'could' return Bastian, McCleod, McCleod, Tippett, & Hague next season. Miss can trade any two of those next season and replace all their missing picks.

Dirty no one on here knows what any GM will do as far as trades go. ( A couple do;)) Never count your chickens before they hatch. There are always a couple of deals that shock OHL fans. Bracco is heads and tails better than any forward in the OHL that could be traded in years. Hague is a home town boy and would love to play in front of the best fans in the league:handclap: If a team is giving up the highest impact forward in the OHL in years something high impact has to come back.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Dirty no one on here knows what any GM will do as far as trades go. ( A couple do;)) Never count your chickens before they hatch. There are always a couple of deals that shock OHL fans. Bracco is heads and tails better than any forward in the OHL that could be traded in years. Hague is a home town boy and would love to play in front of the best fans in the league:handclap: If a team is giving up the highest impact forward in the OHL in years something high impact has to come back.

I get that, Bracco is very good. So is Hague, he is a D; and, will return. If Kitchener still had Carty to offer along with Bracco and an OA D for Hague, Mancina, & picks; then, a deal could make sense

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I get that, Bracco is very good. So is Hague, he is a D; and, will return. If Kitchener still had Carty to offer along with Bracco and an OA D for Hague, Mancina, & picks; then, a deal could make sense

dirty I never worry about hypothetical deals that we GMs make up on these boards but they sure at fun to speculate on. I don't think your deal would be close. Your really under valuing our player for what ever reason. Hague will not have the impact that a Bracco would to a franchise acquiring him. Not even close.

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
Looks like Murray is trying to pickup his OA dman for next year according to LoneRanger.
Not sure Rymsha is the top centre we need for next year tho.

I have no problem picking up a dman that can return next year, as long as we also flip Bracco for assets.
Can't keep spinning our wheels, gotta choose a year and really run with it, IMO this is not our year. So better off selling and not adding until the off season. See if we can sneak in the playoffs without Bracco and one of Hora/Di Perna. Maybe 6-7th seed. Would be fun to get Windsor in the first round, I think we match fairly well against them. Their D seem to really struggle against us.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
bobber I feel dirty just reading this......!! Lol, shameless I tell ya shameless. :laugh: :laugh:

Taylor Raddysh likely to hit the market next year
Not as flashy with speed but certainly well rounded

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
bobber I feel dirty just reading this......!! Lol, shameless I tell ya shameless. :laugh: :laugh:

Butsy you know the old saying " Why go out for a hamburger when I have T-bone steak at home". :) What is that saying on the Statue of Liberty? "Give us your poor performers, your risky assets, your slow skaters with a broken wing and your mistake ridden Dmen and we will give you gold". That is what I am reading when it comes to fans wanting one of the top forwards in the league. Just hope Murray doesn't stick his head in one of those traps again.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Looks like Murray is trying to pickup his OA dman for next year according to LoneRanger.
Not sure Rymsha is the top centre we need for next year tho.

I have no problem picking up a dman that can return next year, as long as we also flip Bracco for assets.
Can't keep spinning our wheels, gotta choose a year and really run with it, IMO this is not our year. So better off selling and not adding until the off season. See if we can sneak in the playoffs without Bracco and one of Hora/Di Perna. Maybe 6-7th seed. Would be fun to get Windsor in the first round, I think we match fairly well against them. Their D seem to really struggle against us.

That's the key how much can you u trade but still slide into the playoffs? Get lots for next year but still have a round or maybe two if you get hot. Opilka alone playing like the old Opilka could squeak you a couple of games on his own.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
That's the key how much can you u trade but still slide into the playoffs? Get lots for next year but still have a round or maybe two if you get hot. Opilka alone playing like the old Opilka could squeak you a couple of games on his own.
The last 3 games he's played better than last year but I suspect his playing time will be monitored quite closely.

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016

If we finish 5-7th I think we would have a chance without Bracco,
8th however
Erie looks too good
And apparently aren't done adding

Would love Hague btw, that would be a huge add

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
What is that saying on the Statue of Liberty? "Give us your poor performers, your risky assets, your slow skaters with a broken wing and your mistake ridden Dmen and we will give you gold".

Lol.....generosity is a good thing though bobber. I agree the value is high on Bracco the only thing that may hurt him a bit is he is virtually 100% not returning next year. Like I mentioned earlier he is a true rental by the definition.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Lol.....generosity is a good thing though bobber. I agree the value is high on Bracco the only thing that may hurt him a bit is he is virtually 100% not returning next year. Like I mentioned earlier he is a true rental by the definition.
It all comes down to which team wants to add some insurance in the play offs. If other franchises want be generous and give us their top young 17-18 year old forwards;) I am sure Murray is all ears.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007

and it never stopped teams in the past to acquire multiple rentals for a one season run.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
Hague is very likely to be a first round NHL pick this year, and could go in the 10-20 overall range. He's a behemoth dman in his 2nd year who puts up numbers (almost PPG from the backline at 6'6" 215). I would eat a turd and take a walk of shame into the sunset if he were included in a deal for Bracco. And we all know that I feel Bracco is one of the best forwards in the CHL. It's just there's no precedent.

Even the Konecny trade last year, where Travis was thought of to be more likely than not to return to the OHL and was a 1st round NHL pick (compared to 2nd for Bracco), he didn't return something on the level of Hague and picks. Teams will trade someone with the upside of Hague, but not someone who's contributing the value that Hague is currently contributing. It's like Windsor trading Sergachev last year in a deadline deal for a forward. The same goes for DiPietro. Too big a part of this year's team, and a known commodity as a star player going forward.

Any realistic trade scenario for Bracco, or any other forward not named Connor McDavid, is going to be a high upside (but not currently OHL all star level) 2000 or '99 (see Robbie Burt, Sasha Chmelevski last year) and a boatload of picks. If someone can find me recent precedent of someone on the level of Hague being dealt in his NHL draft season for a rental I'd change my tune.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Do OAs have NTC clauses? Just wondering. On a side note I feel if the Rangers do move an OA Dman they should bring in a younger D and give Pederson more ice time. Forget bringing in an other OA. Someone else's OA is taking more ice from our younger kids. Just my opinion. I don't want to see the team take a step forward and two back.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Do OAs have NTC clauses? Just wondering. On a side note I feel if the Rangers do move an OA Dman they should bring in a younger D and give Pederson more ice time. Forget bringing in an other OA. Someone else's OA is taking more ice from our younger kids. Just my opinion. I don't want to see the team take a step forward and two back.

I doubt an NTC has an expiry date (I know all players in HS do have a league initiated NTC) but if a player requested a NTC which goes beyond this then i would imagine it still stands. Did Ben Thomson need to waive his NTC in his OA year to go to North Bay??

And yes, I want to see more Peterson but if you're referring to Martenet, I would want him in trade (or any d-man)because right now with Blaisdell and Hall out we are maxed out now on signed defencemen.
But Martenet if traded here in a multi-player trade would be considered a freebie or a non-asset in the trade.
* but my preference without a doubt is to get Rippon here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I doubt an NTC has an expiry date (I know all players in HS do have a league initiated NTC) but if a player requested a NTC which goes beyond this then i would imagine it still stands. Did Ben Thomson need to waive his NTC in his OA year to go to North Bay??

And yes, I want to see more Peterson but if you're referring to Martenet, I would want him in trade (or any d-man)because right now with Blaisdell and Hall out we are maxed out now on signed defencemen.
But Martenet if traded here in a multi-player trade would be considered a freebie or a non-asset in the trade.
* but my preference without a doubt is to get Rippon here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am referring to Martenet. No thanks. We already got a dud from the Knights the last time Murray dealt with them. I say let them get rid of their own problems. If we need D I prefer Murray look at young 17-18 year olds and go with them. Just my opinion. Knight fans have been pawning this player off all season. I really hope the Rangers don't do the Knights a favour and take this player. Why would they?

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
I am referring to Martenet. No thanks. We already got a dud from the Knights the last time Murray dealt with them. I say let them get rid of their own problems. If we need D I prefer Murray look at young 17-18 year olds and go with them. Just my opinion. Knight fans have been pawning this player off all season. I really hope the Rangers don't do the Knights a favour and take this player. Why would they?

oh I agree 100% on the 17-18yr d-men.
I should have been more clear that if the draft picks and young players (Bouchard and Foudy?) coming back are better from London than any other team then make the trade. Martenet would only be here to fill out the depleted d-corps.

Last edited:

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009

They wouldn't be doing London a favor, they'd be doing the player a favor allowing him a place to finish out the season. Not saying he has to come here if Kitchener and London did a deal where one of our OA d-men went their way, but it would be responsible for London to find a landing spot for him. Here or elsewhere.

People on here went off because I suggested we look to deal both our OA d-men if we can get value for them. "Who will play D for us with both OA's traded and Hall and Blaisdell injured?". I suggested once the dust settled we'd look to have a younger D and someone's OA castoff to finish out the year. What's the issue with that? It's done all the time around the league.

If MH can acquire both those d-men he's kicking tires on out east and moves out both OA d-men, we'd still only be left with 6 healthy D. Someone has to play the games. You make it sound like Martinet's presence in Kitchener would set back the development of our young D.

Oh, and that dud from the Knights was all Murray's fault. London wasn't innocent at all but it was primarily a big mistake by a rookie GM. It's not the Knights fault Murray didn't do his due diligence on the player before dealing for him.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
oh I agree 100% on the 17-18yr d-men.
I should have been more clear that if the draft picks and young players (Bouchard and Foudy?) coming back are better from London are better than any other team then make the trade. Martenet would only be here to fill out the depleted d-corps.

Yeah! What he said!!!

To get off topic a bit here, what ever happened to Hora, DiPerna and Llewellyn picking who would be the third assistant captain?

Sounded like a corny idea if you ask me.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
People on here went off because I suggested we look to deal both our OA d-men if we can get value for them. "Who will play D for us with both OA's traded and Hall and Blaisdell injured?". I suggested once the dust settled we'd look to have a younger D and someone's OA castoff to finish out the year. What's the issue with that? It's done all the time around the league.

I've always said that unless you're a rock solid contender that a team should seriously consider selling their OA's and 19 yr olds. Especially the OA's and some of the 19 yr olds that will not be back as an OA. By doing so, your acquiring assets/picks...in other words when dealing with other OHL GM's you'll be taking a fully load magnum to a knife-fight! (see London for the magnum....)

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Yeah! What he said!!!

To get off topic a bit here, what ever happened to Hora, DiPerna and Llewellyn picking who would be the third assistant captain?

Sounded like a corny idea if you ask me.

will announced at Awards Banquet? :laugh::laugh:

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Me I am a true blue Ranger fan. I really have no interest in helping the Knights out of a tough spot with a weak OA Dman but that is just me. I like charities but not in hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad