Confirmed with Link: Kiselevich for 7th rounder

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Especially since from the stat charts he looked like a real decent 3rd liner. Its not like PoMo didn't have spots open with all the injuries to try him out for a game.
Generally speaking, I am worried about the organisation's ability to evaluate defensemen. Aside from our scouts, it seems like the personnel value the wrong things and favour players who don't manage to prevent offense against or create it themselves. While this is certainly one of the more minor occurrences of this, it just adds to the body of work that extends a long way back.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Yeah I agree. I find it frustating when 6th & 7th round picks are dumped for nothing or treated like garbage or labelled as “who cares”. Sometimes great players get selected in late rounds (just for e.g. the top trade deadline acquisition (Mark Stone) was picked in the 6th round). Hopefully there was a purpose to trading our 7th round pick other than to have a player sit in the press box.
6th and 7th round picks are not hard to reaquire, for the very reasons you state. It's like shuffling deck chairs.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Too bad this guy didn't get into any games - seems unlikely we'll see him in the playoffs either
I wonder if he leaves in the summer.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Yeah, would definitely have liked to see exactly what we have in him. If he is any better than some of the hopefuls next year, I would hope they’d attempt to re-sign him. Although I wouldn’t blame him if he went elsewhere. Nobody wants to be destined for the press box.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
At the TD I wanted to see Kiselevich play more than Beaulieu. Maybe he's no better, but I wasn't a big fan of Beaulieu, and Kiselevich is more defensive, which could be something we could have used.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Coach doesn't like to do things. I think he spends too much time coming up with BS on why is doesn't do things when asked over actually doing things to help the team.

Reactions: VictoriaJetsFan

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
It will probably annoy me to the end of time that Maurice specifically said that he wanted everyone to get a chance regarding the move to put Hendricks in the lineup and despite the forwards being extremely healthy this season and the defence being relatively depleted for awhile, Hendricks got his four games and Bogdan got zero.

It may ultimately be meaningless in the grand scheme of things but it’s not like every defenceman who got into the lineup this season was playing untouchably great. A seventh round pick price is essentially free but you have the guy, you brought him in as depth and he theoretically may have to play in the playoffs due to unforeseen circumstances. How can Maurice justify not giving him a single game given all of those factors? It genuinely blows my mind.

ulf

Sep 21, 2002
sandy hook
Visit site
Chevy got what he thought the team needed or might need. PoMo used what was avail to him as the head coach saw fit. Not everyone will agree with either. Thought Chevy did well for cheapish. Thought PoMo made too many poor decisions.

Chewmasey

Jan 28, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm now hoping we picked him up for next year, get him here now let him get acclimated to the room/city Jet life and give him a real shot at training camp, if he signs here. I know the Jets were interested in him before Florida signed him.
Why he didn't get at least one game is beyond me.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
I really hope he looked awful in training sessions and that's why PoMo didn't even give him 1 game. Other than that even giving away a 7th rounder was pretty much pointless.
Chevy was expecting a deep playoff run. Do we not still retain his rights?

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Chevy was expecting a deep playoff run. Do we not still retain his rights?

I'd think so but why would the Jets somehow want to have him on his active roster next season if they didn't even bother to give him one single game after trading for him? Sure it's only a 7th, I get it... Still feels like a waste.

Reactions: untouchable21

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
I'd think so but why would the Jets somehow want to have him on his active roster next season if they didn't even bother to give him one single game after trading for him? Sure it's only a 7th, I get it... Still feels like a waste.
Chevy is high on him. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a Jet next year, eating popcorn in the press box.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad