Confirmed with Link: Kiselevich for 7th rounder

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Considering Maurice coached in the KHL, I think, he doesn't have any prejudice against former KHL players, and Bogdan will have a chance to see some ice time. He's a really good defenseman, he just needs a trust.

Reactions: KingBogo

Norman Moscow

Jun 8, 2018
From Russian media: When he joined Cats, after awhile they offered him to extend his contract on the same conditions and after his refusal they just stopped him play.

Reactions: folix and KingBogo

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I'm intrigued about Keselevich. His advanced stats seem pretty good. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do on the ice. Might make a good 3rd pairing D.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
I'm intrigued about Keselevich. His advanced stats seem pretty good. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do on the ice. Might make a good 3rd pairing D.
Cats fans really like him, including me.

He's steady AF. I hope he gets to play some games. I really think he'll be the second best pickup they made at the deadline.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Cats fans really like him, including me.

He's steady AF. I hope he gets to play some games. I really think he'll be the second best pickup they made at the deadline.

Thanks for the info on him. I hope he gets a chance to play. I'd like to get the chance to see what he can do!

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
I heard he was having visa problems - does anyone know if he is even with the team yet? The interweb is not giving me any information.....

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I heard he was having visa problems - does anyone know if he is even with the team yet? The interweb is not giving me any information.....
He was also sick for a bit, not sure if he still is.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg

I heard the opposite. None of the Jets additions had visa issues as per Chevy.

Kiselevich arrived in Winnipeg with a cold. They kept him away from the team for several days during recovery but he's been seen in the press box the last few games.

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
I heard the opposite. None of the Jets additions had visa issues as per Chevy.

Kiselevich arrived in Winnipeg with a cold. They kept him away from the team for several days during recovery but he's been seen in the press box the last few games.

I had heard the Visa issue on 1290 - so obviously I came here to verify a normally sketchy source of accurate information.

As per usual - my HF "contacts" steered me in the right direction!

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I had heard the Visa issue on 1290 - so obviously I came here to verify a normally sketchy source of accurate information.

As per usual - my HF "contacts" steered me in the right direction!

Took the time to source out where I'd heard this. I knew it was shortly after the trade, so assumed it had been from Chevy. Turns out it was Maurice following practice on Feb 28th.

He's questioned directly on whether or not Kiselevich was sitting due to Visa issues and states "no he had a bug when he arrived in Winnipeg."

It's at the 2:30 mark on the attached link.

If you heard this on TSN prior to February 28th, I think it would have been fair for them to have assumed visa issues, but anytime after this is pretty brutal. Anyone the business of reporting on the Jets should be watching if not attending these press conferences and know exactly what going on.

Last edited:

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
I assume the org will want to get a look at him b4 the second season. He probably dresses for a few down the stretch assuming we're in a good spot then.

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
Yeah.

We literally gave up an asset for the sole purpose of adding depth for a playoff run. To not give him a second of ice time is a complete waste of resources which could have been spent more wisely.

Yeah I agree. I find it frustating when 6th & 7th round picks are dumped for nothing or treated like garbage or labelled as “who cares”. Sometimes great players get selected in late rounds (just for e.g. the top trade deadline acquisition (Mark Stone) was picked in the 6th round). Hopefully there was a purpose to trading our 7th round pick other than to have a player sit in the press box.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Yeah I agree. I find it frustating when 6th & 7th round picks are dumped for nothing or treated like garbage or labelled as “who cares”. Sometimes great players get selected in late rounds (just for e.g. the top trade deadline acquisition (Mark Stone) was picked in the 6th round). Hopefully there was a purpose to trading our 7th round pick other than to have a player sit in the press box.
In all fairness (especially coming from me), those late round picks amount to essentially nothing very often. That being said, it is better to let them amount to a prospect who might be a mainstay on the Moose than literally waste it on something you don't even consider using.

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
Yeah.

We literally gave up an asset for the sole purpose of adding depth for a playoff run. To not give him a second of ice time is a complete waste of resources which could have been spent more wisely.
Especially since from the stat charts he looked like a real decent 3rd liner. Its not like PoMo didn't have spots open with all the injuries to try him out for a game.

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
In all fairness (especially coming from me), those late round picks amount to essentially nothing very often. That being said, it is better to let them amount to a prospect who might be a mainstay on the Moose than literally waste it on something you don't even consider using.

Yeah I agree. Although sometimes you can find a diamond in the rough with those late picks — just to name a few: Jamie Benn (5th round), Mark Stone (6th round), Pavel Datsyuk (6th round), Henrik Zetterberg (7th round), Daniel Alfredsson (6th round), joe Pavelski (7th round), Pekka Rinne (8th round), Henrik Lundqvist (7th round), Etc. Or just overlooked at the draft completely: Martin St. Louis.

I appreciate that these are exceptional cases, and that usually they’ll end up being AHL players. But I just don’t understand throwing those picks away for essentially “nothing”... rather than maximizing your assets (even if it’s “just” a 6th or 7th rounder).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad