Prospect Info: Kirill Kudryavtsev, #208 Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Kudryavstev was pointless last night, as the Greyhounds were shut-out, 9-0. Somehow he managed to finish with an even +/- (six of the goals were at even strength).

The Soo are back at it this afternoon.

Reactions: Nona Di Giuseppe

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Kudryavstev was pointless last night, as the Greyhounds were shut-out, 9-0. Somehow he managed to finish with an even +/- (six of the goals were at even strength).

The Soo are back at it this afternoon.
Well, the Woo were back at it, but Kudryavtsev was not in the line-up, it seems. Injury?

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
The Christmas break is over in the OHL, and the Greyhounds played this evening. Kudryavtsev was back in the line-up after a one game absence and had two goals and an assist, all at even strength. He was +1 in a 7-4 loss.

Incidentally, the OHL site and Hockey DB have him at 5'11", 193 lbs. Elite Prospects makes it 6', 201 lbs. So, very slightly bigger than Jack Rathbone. He'll turn 19 on February 5.

Last edited:

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
We seem to have good luck in the 7th round. Forsell and now Kudryavtev are both trending as mid round picks which is about all you can ask for with 7th round picks

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
The Christmas break is over in the OHL, and the Greyhounds played this evening. Kudryavtsev was back in the line-up after a one game absence and had two goals and an assist, all at even strength. He was +1 in a 7-4 loss.

Incidentally, the OHL site and Hockey DB have him at 5'11", 193 lbs. Elite Prospects makes it 6', 201 lbs. So, very slightly bigger than Jack Rathbone. He'll turn 19 on February 5.
February 5th no way! So he is EXACTLY three years younger than me

Man that makes me feel slightly older :yo:

• Love
Reactions: Lindgren

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
You're in BUST Terrority according to HF prospect Standards.
Well I never had any hope or expectation, so Im not sure BUST is the word to describe me

Thats like calling Mackenzie Stewart a bust 😛

Anyways sorry for the excited distraction! Go Kirill go!

• Haha
Reactions: Lindgren

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Now that Hunter B has been moved, my attention has shifted back to Kudryavtsev, the Canucks remaining OHL defence prospect.

6', 201 lbs, 20 (Feb. 5 bd), shoots left; drafted in the 7th round in 2022

To date: 48/4/33/37/+35

He's 14th in points among OHL defencemen, 6th in even-strength points. Last season his shooting percentage was almost exactly 8%; this season it's 4%. He's at almost exactly 2 shots a game.

That +35 puts him 9th in the OHL among defencemen. (One would expect his +/- to look good, as he's obviously getting lots of ice time on a superior team.)

Kudryavtsev came over to Canada from Russia when he was 17. I believe this is his last regular season of junior. He could return to the Soo for an over-age year, or it could be on to Abbotsford next season, if he gets signed.

The thing that initially intrigued me about Kudryavtsev, and I apologize for mentioning it yet again (it's probably not that important), is that he ranked very highly in the category of "best defensive defenceman" in the OHL coaches poll.

I expect regular updates from @Yultron, starting now and through to the end of the season. Don't let us down!

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
AHL is the next logical step, or ECHL if he isn't ready for the jump to the A. No reason to go back for an overage year in the OHL. He played in Russia in 20-21 season, so not like he missed that season like some from the OHL that year.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Now that Hunter B has been moved, my attention has shifted back to Kudryavtsev, the Canucks remaining OHL defence prospect.

6', 201 lbs, 20 (Feb. 5 bd), shoots left; drafted in the 7th round in 2022

To date: 48/4/33/37/+35

He's 14th in points among OHL defencemen, 6th in even-strength points. Last season his shooting percentage was almost exactly 8%; this season it's 4%. He's at almost exactly 2 shots a game.

That +35 puts him 9th in the OHL among defencemen. (One would expect his +/- to look good, as he's obviously getting lots of ice time on a superior team.)

Kudryavtsev came over to Canada from Russia when he was 17. I believe this is his last regular season of junior. He could return to the Soo for an over-age year, or it could be on to Abbotsford next season, if he gets signed.

The thing that initially intrigued me about Kudryavtsev, and I apologize for mentioning it yet again (it's probably not that important), is that he ranked very highly in the category of "best defensive defenceman" in the OHL coaches poll.

I expect regular updates from @Yultron, starting now and through to the end of the season. Don't let us down!
Despite the disparity in points and the fact he's a year older, I always thought Kudryavtsev was a better prospect than Brzustewicz.

Granted the viewing was only at Canucks Development Camp.....and I believe Kudryavtsev also played in the Young-stars tournament.

But he was quickly signed by the Canucks after being drafted.....so that tells me their scouts were intrigued by what he brings to the table. Really hope he can stick in Abbotsford next season.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Despite the disparity in points and the fact he's a year older, I always thought Kudryavtsev was a better prospect than Brzustewicz.

Granted the viewing was only at Canucks Development Camp.....and I believe Kudryavtsev also played in the Young-stars tournament.

But he was quickly signed by the Canucks after being drafted.....so that tells me their scouts were intrigued by what he brings to the table. Really hope he can stick in Abbotsford next season.
I'd forgotten that he was signed.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
AHL is the next logical step, or ECHL if he isn't ready for the jump to the A. No reason to go back for an overage year in the OHL. He played in Russia in 20-21 season, so not like he missed that season like some from the OHL that year.

Are there any ECHL defenseman success stories? I'm not talking about Dman that had a short stint in the ECHL but one that spent a full season.

I'm just thinking that if he's not ready for the AHL then playing his overage year in the OHL seems to be the proper course? That's assuming that there is a spot.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
So Kudryavtsev is the apple of the eyes of OHL coaches as the most underrated player in the OHL. Obviously he's the type of player that coaches appreciate.

Quite an honor for a kid drafted in the 7th round (208th overall). It'll be a 'win' if he can even earn a regular's role in Abbotsford. If he actually projects to be an NHL player--then it's a 'home-run' for the 7th round.

Reactions: Grip it N RYP it

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
So Kudryavtsev is the apple of the eyes of OHL coaches as the most underrated player in the OHL. Obviously he's the type of player that coaches appreciate.

Quite an honor for a kid drafted in the 7th round (208th overall). It'll be a 'win' if he can even earn a regular's role in Abbotsford. If he actually projects to be an NHL player--then it's a 'home-run' for the 7th round.

I wonder who is supposed to be underrating him.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I've never really been a big fan of Kudryatsev when I watch him play but he is a smart player and keeps coming up in polls like this.

It will be interesting next year to see if his IQ plays up in the AHL or if his overall lack of physical skills limits him moving up levels.

Reactions: Vector and Lindgren

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
to win an award like this, it means hes always more noticeable than coaches give him credit for, in the end, it means his intangibles are alot better than what his stats indicate. Thats precisely what you want your prospects to do. And its not like 0.7ppp as a D is anything to scoff at anyways. hope to see him in the A soon.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
There' a possibility of a major changing of the guard on the blueline next season for the Abbotsford Canucks. Matt Irwin is a UFA; while Woo, McWard, Johansson and Cicek are RFA's needing new deals.

And although Wolanin, Brisebois and Hirose are signed for one more season, you wonder what their futures in the organization might be. And of course Alex Kannock Leipert has also filled in on the blueline, but is on an AHL contract.

So there could definitely be some openings for the likes of D-Petey, Felton and Kudryavtsev.....the AHL isn't the easiest league for young guys to break in on the blueline. But introducing new prospects to your AHL team is all part of the player development process.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Didn’t he win some coaches praise last year as well? Something like most underrated D man?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad