Prospect Info: Kirill Kudryavtsev, #208 Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Didn’t he win some coaches praise last year as well? Something like most underrated D man?
He was voted second-best defensive defenseman in the west conference, and he tied for third for most underrated player in the conference (a bit contradictory that he could rank highly in both, and also that he could rank highly in "underrated" two years running).

Reactions: iceburg

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
He was voted second-best defensive defenseman in the west conference, and he tied for third for most underrated player in the conference (a bit contradictory that he could rank highly in both, and also that he could rank highly in "underrated" two years running).

Unless people thought highly of him...but not high enough?!!

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007

Maybe they re-rated him after last year's underrating and they still just didn't do a good enough job of rating him. Hopefully the raters get it right next year. Be very embarrassing for them if they didn't.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Maybe they re-rated him after last year's underrating and they still just didn't do a good enough job of rating him. Hopefully the raters get it right next year. Be very embarrassing for them if they didn't.
Most underrated OHL grad playing in the AHL?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
It's just so hard to project junior players, until they actually arrive in pro hockey. So for Kudryavtsev, it obviously won't be until he arrives in Abbotsford and starts taking a regular shift. But it's the same adjustment whether you're a first round pick like Lekerimakki or a third round pick like D-Petey.

But so far, the fact that he's earned the respect of OHL coaches and has already signed a contract with the Canucks, means that he's far exceeded the expectations for most 7th round draft picks.

I don't know the percentages of 7th round picks who even play a single game in the NHL. But surely it has to be under five percent.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
I think he'll be on both Tripadvisor and Yelp's top 50 lists before the start of next season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad