Player Discussion Kirill Kaprizov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Which means the salaries themselves are disconnected from the reality of a player's value.
Yes but that is the reality of having a Collective Bargaining Agreement.

The CBA agreed to by the Players' Union dictates value instead of individual metrics.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
I get both sides. Agent was able to secure max money and his client got to live the dream of winning a cup in Panarin. Makes sense to go the same route even though it is a bit of a gamble for your client.

If we can get him signed for 4 or 5 that's a win. If we can't produce a plan that we are making progress on for him to stay longer by the end of the time frame we are likely changing gms etc at that point so perfectly fair if he wants a way out of that while gambling his future. I can't be mad at that honestly, it's fair for both sides.

SMTHook

Mar 23, 2015
I get both sides. Agent was able to secure max money and his client got to live the dream of winning a cup in Panarin. Makes sense to go the same route even though it is a bit of a gamble for your client.

If we can get him signed for 4 or 5 that's a win. If we can't produce a plan that we are making progress on for him to stay longer by the end of the time frame we are likely changing gms etc at that point so perfectly fair if he wants a way out of that while gambling his future. I can't be mad at that honestly, it's fair for both sides.
If the Wild can get him to the Parise/Suter end and can't resign him that's on them. It'd be nice for KK and agent to let the Wild get there.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
If he wants to go elsewhere I would give him his Qualifying Offer every year to hold his rights the next 2-3-4 years or when he is able to UFA.

Winnepeg did it with Trouba

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
If he wants to go elsewhere I would give him his Qualifying Offer every year to hold his rights the next 2-3-4 years or when he is able to UFA.

Winnepeg did it with Trouba

What gives you the impression that he wants to go elsewhere?

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
What gives you the impression that he wants to go elsewhere?
Start with Threatening to go back to Russia !!!!

Kucherov signed a 8 yr 76 million = 9.5 per year

Kaprizov deserves more than that coming off 55 or so games and over half against LA, S Jose, ANA, ARZ.
Disappeared in playoffs

Lets see what he can do in a whole season with all the travel, different teams, players, etc before he gets to Kucherov , Patrick Kane level of pay

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Start with Threatening to go back to Russia !!!!

Kucherov signed a 8 yr 76 million = 9.5 per year

Kaprizov deserves more than that coming off 55 or so games and over half against LA, S Jose, ANA, ARZ.
Disappeared in playoffs

Lets see what he can do in a whole season with all the travel, different teams, players, etc before he gets to Kucherov , Patrick Kane level of pay

That was simply a negotiating ploy used by his agent because that is the only leverage he has. No chance that he would rather play in the KHL.

He won't sign a 8 year max deal, however, because that will take him to approx 32 years old, too old to take advantage of signing another contract as a UFA in his prime. I'm thinking they will end up agreeing on something like 4 years 7.5 million AAV. This will take him to UFA at 28-29 years old.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Just going to throw this out as a variable to remember.

It's alot easier to take a "team friendly" deal in a state like Florida with taxes. We don't have that leverage, we certainly have ad revenue opportunities being the face of the team to make up for having one of the worst tax rates but that's just extra work at the end of the day.

Can't compare a kucherov deal to kaps situation imo.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Not a big shock, but in his KFAN spot Guerin did say straight up that the KHL hasn't come up in his discussions with Theophanous and that there hasn't been any threat. I'm sure it's not lost on him that what Weekes tweeted probably came from Theophanous, but this is all being played out via insinuation rather than any actual threats.

Was also pretty emphatic that nothing has "gone cold," but I think that's to be expected regardless.

Last edited:
Reactions: MuckOG

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Congrats on the Calder Kirill. Will be interesting to see if he gets and Lindsey/Hart votes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad