Player Discussion Kirill Kaprizov (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
so i was thinking at work today, since nhl21 made kap force a trade on me, what if we did entertain a trade for kap? it would be interesting to see if a team like EDM would bite on a basis of Drai for Kap.

No, I really don't think they would. I think if you're looking for a roster piece coming back in that kind of move, a Hertl or Zibanejad type asset would bethe best you'd get. The logical thing to do would be a package of futures, and I think you're looking at a Jarvis/Lundell type center piece in that regard, not a Zegras/Cozens type piece.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
No, I really don't think they would. I think if you're looking for a roster piece coming back in that kind of move, a Hertl or Zibanejad type asset would bethe best you'd get. The logical thing to do would be a package of futures, and I think you're looking at a Jarvis/Lundell type center piece in that regard, not a Zegras/Cozens type piece.
Drain was just the first name I thought of. I would want to aim high if I’m dangling Kap. Honestly wouldn’t hate BG if he found a high end C for him.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
I still think a deal gets done but I’ll be shocked if it’s 3 years. I think it’s 5 or guerin trades him/let’s him walk so he can back to Russia for a few years. Rather lock up Fiala or trade Kap for someone who wants to be here. No player is above the team. Albeit fiala will be expensive but his numbers are going to go up considerably with more capable linemates. He’s only 24 and is improving his play on both sides of the puck/decision making. He wouldn’t be turning pucks over at the blue line if his linemates weren’t always trailing the play smh

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Drain was just the first name I thought of. I would want to aim high if I’m dangling Kap. Honestly wouldn’t hate BG if he found a high end C for him.

But who's giving a "high end" C for him? Why would a team with a high end C make that move? No matter what you do, you're getting a worse player, unless there's a situation like Eichel's where you can swap one problem for another.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
But who's giving a "high end" C for him? Why would a team with a high end C make that move? No matter what you do, you're getting a worse player, unless there's a situation like Eichel's where you can swap one problem for another.
I suppose by high end I mean horvat or better. It would have to be the right situation to make sense and it’s not my first plan but if he plays extreme hardball I’d explore it. He has the most value on our team and he is a wing which we do have some decent ones coming up. If we did a package of Kap + a first and maybe dumba or soucy also. I’d be intrigued to see what gets offered. If we are planning for the present and future it does make sense. Just won’t be super happy right away as people waited so long for kap

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Why? Signing an 8 year contract would be a stupid move on his part, potentially costing him millions of dollars.

Could also be the case of him just not wanting to play in Minny or doesn't believe they can win during that time? Depends on the end goal of Kap. Or could be a wait and see attitude to see if the team improves during that time.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
Could also be the case of him just not wanting to play in Minny or doesn't believe they can win during that time? Depends on the end goal of Kap. Or could be a wait and see attitude to see if the team improves during that time.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey

upload_2021-7-14_0-24-22.gif

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
He's the hot take expert when it comes to Russian players.

For example, I believe he has implied that many Russian players like Ovechkin are actually a year or two older than reported.

Expert?:laugh:

Malamud is an angry troll with unhealthy grievances against many players. That said, he's not wrong in this instance. Most guys have no long-term interest in secondary NHL markets.

It's human nature to 'go big' if you're gonna travel half-way around the world for work. You see the same with NA players in the KHL. Everything being equal, why sign a longer deal with NN or Severstal if there's the possibility of signing with SKA, Avangard or CSKA later on?

Reactions: BMann

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
"Move your city to Manhattan". lol. Yea, the best Russian in the NHL is in Tampa. Malkin in Pittsburgh. Radulov in Dallas. Tarasenko's spent his entire career in St. Louis. Svechnikov seems pretty stoked in Raleigh. Varlamov, Khudobin, Bob, Vasi, I can go on and on.

This Slava guys is a certified moron.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Expert?:laugh:

Malamud is an angry troll with unhealthy grievances against many players. That said, he's not wrong in this instance. Most guys have no long-term interest in secondary NHL markets.

It's human nature to 'go big' if you're gonna travel half-way around the world for work. You see the same with NA players in the KHL. Everything being equal, why sign a longer deal with NN or Severstal if there's the possibility of signing with SKA, Avangard or CSKA later on?

Hot take: Not everybody likes big cities.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Yeah, Mpls/St Paul metro area is not the north woods.

Might as well be from a Russian perspective. I mean Kaprizov just said his favorite place in America is Las Vegas.

Just being honest. Seriously, unless its a major area like Florida, NY, LA, DAL, MTL, TOR, or a brand name team in Russia (PITT, DET) most Russians don't find secondary markets attractive. Is Kaprizov different?....who knows. But I'm not surprised MN is having difficulty locking him up long-term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad