Player Discussion Kirill Kaprizov (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
I think, his next contract will be 4X6M. Good AAV for flat cap seasons, and he's just 28 after it, pretty good for signing big and lengthy contract.
Panarin was 28 too when he signed with Rangers, you can assume they're probably thinking same for Kaprizov.

So 4 years would make sense. 6M might be too low though, it's probably going to start with 7. Maybe 7.25 or something.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Panarin was 28 too when he signed with Rangers, you can assume they're probably thinking same for Kaprizov.

So 4 years would make sense. 6M might be too low though, it's probably going to start with 7. Maybe 7.25 or something.
Panarin's contract runs for another 5 years, and NYR will have to be paying KK, Lafreniere, Zibanejad, and Fox. You can only have so many high end wingers.

pandro

Dec 7, 2014
Mike Russo was a guest on on the Daily Face Off podcast:
My gut says they were offering around $9 million on an 8 year deal and probably $8.5 [million] or $8 [million] on a 7 year deal. Right now that has not only not been accepted but its been pretty much rejected from Kaprizov’s camp. So this is like one of the first negotiations I have ever covered where the team is throwing the world at a player that has played 55 games and he’s like ‘No I want a lot less money and a lot less term.'

I'd be wary of a player who would refuse to commit to my team long-term like that.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I just got this bad feeling that Kaprizov is going to leave at the end of 4 years because Guerin didn't make enough moves to keep him here.

Reactions: MattyIce0401

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I just got this bad feeling that Kaprizov is going to leave at the end of 4 years because Guerin didn't make enough moves to keep him here.
If he wants out then trade him for a nice return. I’m all for wanting to keep talent but a disgruntled kid who wants out does us no good.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
If he wants out then trade him for a nice return. I’m all for wanting to keep talent but a disgruntled kid who wants out does us no good.
Yeah, there's only so much you can do. If he doesn't sound amenable to an extension after 3 years you either trade him or "rent" him. Not the end of the world.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Yeah, there's only so much you can do. If he doesn't sound amenable to an extension after 3 years you either trade him or "rent" him. Not the end of the world.
Indeed. I’d possibly be happy signing him at a 3 year deal and maybe he lowers his value having to play the entire league. Wouldn’t want that but if we get to the end of three and can back load a heavy contract after that it’s not tragic.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Indeed. I’d possibly be happy signing him at a 3 year deal and maybe he lowers his value having to play the entire league. Wouldn’t want that but if we get to the end of three and can back load a heavy contract after that it’s not tragic.
I don't think we'd have any shot at extending him with the Parise and Suter contracts still on the books. We'd need to make it 4+ years.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I don't think we'd have any shot at extending him with the Parise and Suter contracts still on the books. We'd need to make it 4+ years.
im unsure how well it would work cap wise as 3 years from now who knows, i do wonder though how high his value can get in three years.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
im unsure how well it would work cap wise as 3 years from now who knows, i do wonder though how high his value can get in three years.

In 4 years, we could go from ~$7.5M to ~$12.5M fairly easily (if that's what is required). Doing that in 3 years is almost impossible unless Suter's and Parise's contracts are both completely gone somehow.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
In 4 years, we could go from ~$7.5M to ~$12.5M fairly easily (if that's what is required). Doing that in 3 years is almost impossible unless Suter's and Parise's contracts are both completely gone somehow.
I understand the four year route with parise and suter being done. I’m just trying to think how we could pull off a three year seal

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Kaprizov will either stay or leave, depending on if we pay him. But regardless, he wants to make Ovechkin and Panarin money from when he is 27-34. Which is why he wants a 3-year contract.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
i dont disagree, just trying to appease the kid if it comes down to "3 years or trade me".
He doesn't have the leverage to be able to say something like that. If he did say it, the response would be, " have a good year in Russia, call me when you get your head out of your ass"

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Kaprizov will either stay or leave, depending on if we pay him. But regardless, he wants to make Ovechkin and Panarin money from when he is 27-34. Which is why he wants a 3-year contract.

Then he and his agent need to be reminded that him not coming over when he was 21 years old is partially responsible for not being able to do so. And that bumping the 27-34 range to 28-35 isn't a hill he should die on.

Reactions: Bruce Granville

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
so i was thinking at work today, since nhl21 made kap force a trade on me, what if we did entertain a trade for kap? it would be interesting to see if a team like EDM would bite on a basis of Drai for Kap.

Last edited by a moderator:

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
so i was thinking at work today, since nhl21 made kap force a trade on me, what if we did entertain a trade for kap? it would be interesting to see if a team like EDM would bite on a basis of Drai for Kap.
I wouldn't go talking to Edmonton fans about that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad